Traktor Kontrol X1 question
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Kontrol X1 question

Just curious about the differences between the 1st gen and 2nd gen X1.

I finally made the jump from all vinyl to software last year. I'm using Traktor w/ my 1200s. Basically I would want the Kontrol so I don't have to reach for the laptop. Just scrolling through and loading tracks, setting loops, doing a few effect. Very basic stuff.

Would the 1st gen be fine for me? I've never used any type of controller before.
    Last edited by TMAS; 10-03-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Tech Mentor

Just google some photos, you'll see the difference. If you want basic you don't even need an X1. One of those cheap-ass Behringer controllers for instance will do the same for half the price.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I have had the Mk1 X1's for over 4 years. No desire whatsoever to get the newer version at this stage.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I've seen used ones on eBay for $100. After doing some more reading and watching that video, I think the Mk1 would be fine for my needs.

Although I never had the original X1 from the looks of it I prefer the non busy look of the mk2. I really like to touch strip on the mk2 a lot when using effects. And of course who dont like to have the latest technology, I keep saying one day I'm going to get a mk1 just to see the differences up front and personal. I would never swap my mk2 for the 1st gen though lol.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

I'm biased with only ever using the Mk2, but the Mk1 should be fine for your needs, especially as you already have DVS control via your turntables.
    Last edited by Notanon; 10-05-2014 at 12:26 AM.