Traktor Deck Flavor Feature Request
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor Deck Flavor Feature Request

Wondering if anyone knows of this feature having been requested:

I'd like for deck flavor to automatically switch to remix or track deck, depending on what I load from the browser. Correct me if I'm wrong (pondering a work in progress while away from my studio) but, if I were to try and load a track into a remix deck, or vice versa, I would get an error message regarding deck flavor.

I think it would be useful to have the deck auto switch to the correct flavor, whether loading a track or a remix set.

You might want to suggest this on the Native Instruments Forum for feature requests. Not much people can do about it here, although it's a pretty solid idea.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Great idea!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    You might want to suggest this on the Native Instruments Forum for feature requests. Not much people can do about it here
    I realize this, just thought I'd run it by some folks here first anyway. I'll get to that though. Thanks.

I just posted a thread over at NI requesting this feature. For anyone interested, please take a moment to +1! Thanks!
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...flavor.227931/

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I can imagine this mapping, adding new "List Selected" output command and setting it in loop with deck flavor could do the trick.

Thanks for the suggestion, Stewe. I honestly haven't even tried to experiment with anything yet, as I've been away from my studio for a few days. I'm hoping I'll be able to get in a little time Monday evening and I'll give your idea a go, see if I can get anywhere with it.

Tech Mentor

I can see a potential flaw in this. What if the deck is set to remix deck, and you want to load a track into the remix deck that is listed as a track rather than a sample? It will switch even though you don't want it to.
    I've mapped shift+cue to shift the deck flavour between remix and track decks and I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Scalage, I see your point. I guess it would have to pertain specifically to the command, Deck Common ---> Load Selected. That's when I encounter the "you can not load a track into a remix deck" error, not from the F1's default load command.

Tech Mentor

So you would only use the feature if you'd try to load a remix set into a normal deck? That could work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast