Best way to blog? Soundcloud vs Mixcloud vs Somethingelsecloud

Default Best way to blog? Soundcloud vs Mixcloud vs Somethingelsecloud

Hi guys,
    First post here...

So I started this blog a few weeks back, called tenrecords.tumblr.com
    Simple concept, one week, one mix. Only ten records played, vinyl only.

I first set up a "Pro" souncloud account so I could upload as much as I wanted.
    Which worked well until the other day, when the infamous copyright control didn't allow me to post my latest mix because it detected a song...that wasn't in the mix...

I got pissed of at it, deleted my Pro account, and started to upload everything on Mixcloud instead.

In the meantime, I found that that if I added an intro to my mix, Soundcloud will upload it. And it actually worked.

So my questions, are the follow:

What are you guys using to upload your mixes? Do you think download options are a game changer? Would it be better to upload the mixes on a different platform and just count on tumblr to get people to listen to the mixes, or do you think having a "somethingcloud" is a priority?

Thanks for your help!
    Cheers,
    Thomas

i use both soundcloud and mixcloud. i double up. and soundcloud gets imbedded onto my website.

also i find for podcasts is you need to state its a podcast in the "type" and you need to have an intro.

Thanks for that. I kind of wish I didnt deleted my Pro account straight away as I had to lose a few of the podcast.

Soundcloud for me, just because I think it's the most popular.

Just a comparison. Thomas Gold posts his podcasts on Soundcloud and Mixcloud, here are some stats:
    On Soundcloud he gets over 10,000 plays and 350 likes
    On Mixcloud he barely reaches 100 plays and 5 likes

Then again, I'm sure there are people who get more plays on Mixcloud, but I just don't know how they built their fan base.
    Last edited by robbyluca; 10-08-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robbyluca View Post
    Soundcloud for me, just because I think it's the most popular.

Just a comparison. Thomas Gold posts his podcasts on Soundcloud and Mixcloud, here are some stats:
    On Soundcloud he gets over 10,000 plays and 350 likes
    On Mixcloud he barely reaches 100 plays and 5 likes

Then again, I'm sure there are people who get more plays on Mixcloud, but I just don't know how they built their fan base.
    mixcloud is the myspace of podcasts. and soundcloud is its face book lol

Quote Originally Posted by thomasg19 View Post
    Thanks for that. I kind of wish I didnt deleted my Pro account straight away as I had to lose a few of the podcast.
    they are saved. upgrade agian and they should be there stored in a vault... i believe

Interesting topic, thanks for posting. I'm going to tack on what I think are relevant questions:

1. I always was under the impression that soundcloud was for individual tracks (ergo, producers) and mixcloud was for mixes (ergo, DJs)

2. Isn't soundcloud expensive (mixcloud is free)?

It's not that expensive. $6 CAD per month for 6 hours. $16 CAD per month for unliminated or $145 CAD per year. If you're a DJ, $145 is worth the investment imo.