Technics SL's voltage question - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ANdrw View Post
    Looks good, the only problem I have is with Traktor Scratch, Right channel is missing. I may have to change the RCA cables. Other than that, all good
    before you change the RCA's have a look inide the tonearm were the cartridge connects inside, Sometimes these can get dirty and give a bad signal but if they look ok it will more than likely be were the rca's are soldered onto the PCB under the tonarm base, Pretty simple fix apparantly.
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Tech Convert

I jumped the gun and changed them with a pair of HAMA's. It's all good now. Both channels work. Checked the needle and stuff before doing that.

Now I have some problems with Scratch, hope I'll get that fixed soon. Vinyl works, I'm able to rewind and stuff, but there's no circle on the scope, only a static diagonal orange light.

Tech Convert

10706697_649229171842511_772757209_n.jpg

After a bit of cleaning... Will get it painted anyway, but until then..

Quote Originally Posted by ANdrw View Post
    I jumped the gun and changed them with a pair of HAMA's....Vinyl works, I'm able to rewind and stuff, but there's no circle on the scope, only a static diagonal orange light.
    Did you accidentally wire it in Mono?

Tech Convert

Hmm, slim chances. I tested with having the channels connected one by one as well and traktor seems to recognize if i pull one out, or just leave either left or right connected.

Ableton live also shows a constant signal flow.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    Last edited by ANdrw; 10-10-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Tech Convert

I'm not into scratching and stuff, but I just want to be able to cue properly. Other than that, even with that f*cked up scope graph, they work. I'm able to play / pause / rewind.

Unless you're playing a test tone or got strangely lucky, the pic in live looks like mono. Try inverting one side and turning the stereo width to zero....if you hear silence, its mono. If you can turn it up and get a signal, its not....you know, assuming the track had stereo content.

Tech Convert

It's the actual tone from the timecode. If you zoom on the picture and view it full size you can actually see the two channels. Each has the same volume. Which is good I assume. I'll try with separate channels as well and see what input I have. But both channels should have the same volume I guess, right?

On a time code record, I don't know that the sides would be different enough to see. On a normal record, they should be close but probably not identical.

On Serato, if you swap the left and right inputs to the sound card, the software track plays backwards. I'm not sure of the traktor timecode works the same way or not. I'm also not sure how the scope works....I'm basing this off fuzzy memories. A quick google search says that it might be an issue with one or both of the grounds on the RCAs.

Tech Convert

I should actually buy you a drink. I took another look as soon as I got home, and placed some more solder on the joints of cables / board. Instanly gives correct signal.

Thank you, kind sir...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast