Andy V's setup

Thread: Andy V's setup

Tech Wizard

Default Andy V's setup

Hi guys!

Just moved in to a new apartement, and thought I would share some pictures of my current setup.

Equipment:
    NI Traktor Kontrol S4 MK1 with Chroma Caps
    Reloop RMP-3 Alpha x2
    Midifighter Spectra
    Midifighter Twister
    Crane Stand Plus

I have a few headsets that I use, the ones in the picture is a cheap Behringer (the first one I aquired). The ones I use most are Audio Techinca MTH-50, which is in my gig bag, along with some Shure IEM's I use on occasion.

The desk is a IKEA DIY desk. The top is a LINNMON tabletop with 2 ADILS adjustable legs on the sides. The main base is a 2x2 KALLAX unit with 6 CAPITA legs underneath. The height is for me perfect, finally I have a desk I can stand normally at Since my DJ-desk is in the living room (small apartement) I had to use the shelves in the KALLAX for other purposes. Most of my other equipment that I don't use regulary (DMX-controller, Mixer, cabling and other midi-controllers) are stored in my storage room. I use my hifi-system as my main speakers when I mix (KEF speakers, Denon amp and a generic brand subwoofer). Maybe I'll invest in some proper studio monitors in the future, but for now it does the job

edited_CIMG0284.jpg

edited_CIMG0285.jpg

edited_CIMG0280.jpg

edited_CIMG0278.jpg

edited_CIMG0287.jpg

edited_CIMG0292.jpg

As you can see in some of the pictures, I'm not finished unpacking yet :P But the most important things first

Sweet!!! Your table looks a lot like mine!! And i even have that same picture on the wall!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Tech Wizard

Thanks man! I'm very happy with the table, it's simple, but has the perfect size for me in with and depth. Eventually I will add some monitor stands and monitors, and a stand for the midifighters.

The picture is great, hang it up there to remind me that I have neighbours :P

Tech Mentor

That artwork is great, nice setup too. Cheers!!!
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Tech Wizard

Thanks man! Yeah, I love the artwork. Think I bought it at IKEA a few years back actually

Tech Wizard

Allright!

Just ordered a small upgrade on my setup. 2xCDJ-2000 Nexus and 1xDJM-900 Nexus! I've been saving all year for this, and working all gigs offered me, so I'm very happy to finally be able to make my dream happen! It will be a painful few days, but hey, then again it's Christmas, a working Christmas more or less, 3 gigs + NYE gig this Christmas

I think I will try to sell my Reloops, but the S4 stays. I like the S4, and want to keep it for those gigs portability and size is important

Merry Christmas to you all!