need help with 8 channel sound card

Default need help with 8 channel sound card

hi,

i just bought new Behringer NOX606 and i wanted to pair it with maya usb 44+.

My plan was to connect NOX606 to maya 4 channel outputs so i can control 2 main decks + 2 remix decks ... well i guess not possible with maya 44 since it has 4 outputs and not 4 channels, my bad .. order canceled.

I dont want to invest big sum for sound interface and this somehow excludes native instruments A6 or A10, and i will not need their functionality.

Is anyone using this 2 cards with external mixer to control 4 decks ? Or what would you propose as god option

ESI GIGAPORT HD+
    Behringer FCA610

Best

Antonio

Tech Guru

I have not used either of these sound interfaces.

The Gigaport HD+ uses the "mini B" plugs. I barely trust those to get pictures off a camera. I would NOT trust that connector at a gig...one bump and it's going to fall out. The output's are 1/4" unbalanced. The overall output level is LOW by DJ standards (+0.5dBV max).

The Behringer is "new to me." According to some reviews, it does require an external power supply when run in USB mode. That may or may not be a deal breaker for you. This card also has 1/4" balanced outputs. That is a BIG plus for me...but may cause issues for some other users. The maximum output of the "rear" jacks is +8dBu...which is better than the Gigaport HD+, but only barely adequate for club use. There are also four inputs, in case you want to record something from an external mixer.

Sound interfaces with four stereo output channels are few and far between. Both of these are "compromise" choices, and you seem to know that based on the desire to save $$$. On balance, I'd probably go with the Behringer. The balanced connections, higher output levels, inputs, and headphone controls all point me in that direction.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

The balanced connections don't matter if you're going into a DJ mixer, and the output gains are both perfectly capable of hitting line level....running them hotter won't get you anything but a greater chance of clipping and distortion.

All of the sound cards with 8+ analog outs I would seriously consider are in the $500 range, so I haven't tried these. But, I'd give the esi a shot. The lack of inputs implies the DACs or amplifiers are possibly better, and reviews seem good.

I also don't really trust behringer gear. And that card is only bus powered by FireWire according to the website....USB would require a wall wort, which is one more thing to worry about (but not a bad idea).

Unless someone has experience with them, I'd call it a coin flip unless you want to be able to record or need the headphone outputs for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    I have not used either of these sound interfaces.
    The Gigaport HD+ uses the "mini B" plugs. I barely trust those to get pictures off a camera. I would NOT trust that connector at a gig...one bump and it's going to fall out. The output's are 1/4" unbalanced. The overall output level is LOW by DJ standards (+0.5dBV max)..................
    Thank you for your reply, you gave me some material to investigate and think about.

I will primarily use setup at home, experimentation with sound and noise, this is why i need 4 chanels, its more about mixing different sounds together rather than tracks.

you made some god points and I am cross-referencing them.

Thanks

I am now bidding for NI Audio 8 and i think that would be best option if i can get it for 200$ would be perfect.

I have option to test Behringer and return it after 30 days if I am not satisfied so I might go with that option also.