I have to say...I LOVE THE Z1 and the X1mk2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    To be honest I've been taking my S4MK2 recently. Dunno why, genuinely, it's total overkill.
    Sometimes overkill is fun. But, it is really weird to use a 4-deck controller just because there aren't any 2-deck controllers with those one or two features you need/want. For how I plan on using it, I'd prefer a 2-deck DDJ-SX for that setup....but I'm not aware of a good 2-deck version.

And your explanation makes sense.

Z1 + X1mk2 is a wicked set up... love mine. Take it over my S2 now which is redundant really...

At home or certain gigs ill bring my DJM900 instead of the Z1 but really Z1 + X1mk2 is a cracking portable set up that fits in a rucksack
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Used my Z1 and an X1mk2 for a number of gigs, and I've even done a couple of mappings so that I can use both of my X1mk2 with the Z1 for 4 deck control as I don't really use many effects so I've used the extra X1 knobs for gain, EQ, filter and volume on decks C&D.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

I use the Z2 and X1 MK2 with my laptop for quick and dirty or playing around in the living room with the kids watching. Make DJ's early.

I bring the Z1 and X1MK2 to friends' houses, small parties, vacations... Pretty much everywhere. Love using these two little monsters for simple gigs. So portable and such easy setup... If I don't have to lug the PA's and subs around with them.
    I knew a girl, who tried to walk across the lake.
    Of course it was winter, when all this was... Ice...

I use a X1 Mk2 and Z2 mixer at the moment, my CDJ-400s are pretty much just gathering dust except when I take them around to a mates place for back-to-back sessions wtih CDs and USBs. Might grab a Z1 down the track, see how I go.

Tech Guru

I wish a Z4 was in the works, but a low-profile Z4, kind of like a mix between the Z1 and the CMD MM-1. I don't always mix 4 decks, but I love the flexibility. I'm also getting rid of my S4 Mk1 if those mods would approve my Buy/Sell post...

Tech Convert

I use a Z1 with a set of dicers and Traktor Pro at home for recording. The Dicers are mapped to the Cue button, Play/Pause Button, Loop controls, and hot cues. I will eventually pick up an X1 to replace the Dicers.

I'll be honest though, I can't ever see myself using the Z1 at a gig, even with an X1. It's just too simple/small; I am far too attached to the DJM-800/900 layout. I am also not ready to go 100% digital for gigs and like having CDJs. When I do use digital live I use Serato Scratch Live and it's really just a huge digital record crate I do all of the performance stuff on the hardware... EQ and fader tricks, cue drumming, etc.

TL;DR, love the Z1 at home... can't bring myself to use it outside the house.
    Nick James - http://www.djtechtools.com/author/omers/
    Style: House (Tech, Deep, Jazz, Soul), Techno, Indie Dance, NuDisco.
    Primary Setup: Pioneer CDJs & Mixer.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    hmmm i have noticed that my F1 steals all the power for the leds in the pads. it is always a little shaky if its not plugged into a powered hub...
    Check the power output from your laptops USB ports. Often you get higher power output from one than the other, especially with newer ultrabooks where you get a usb3 port. I'm happily running an x1 and f1 through a tiny unpowered hub from my Aspire S7, and an audio2 in the other USB. I contacted NI direct and they confirmed that I should be fine before I started doing it, so I'd definitely check your laptop

So, I'm seriously considering getting one of these at some point. My wife isn't a fan of dance music (sad, I know) and my gear is currently in our bedroom. It might be nice to have something to put at my desk in another room.

Ugh....too many toys. I need to sell one of my bikes or something so I won't feel bad about it all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12