Common VCI-100 Firmware Questions - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Hey, if or when are the firmware upgrade kits returning to the store, cheers! Or does anyone want to lend me theirs. Im however probably rather far as in New Zealand, but if anyone can help that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by djfbus View Post
    Ok - this is driving me nuts now. I understand that getting a connection problem will not allow the firmware to write - but I'm getting a write success message! I've done all the following:

connecting serial and then usb in the correct order
    lower the baud rate to 9600
    complete reinstall of FDT and start again
    suspending the VCI so no buttons pressed during boot mode
    ensure PCB is properly seated
    changed serial port name from COM1 to COM3 - really clutching at straws now.

pFoKuS seems to have had a very similar problem - but I could not understand how this was solved.

I've seen some posts where there are 5 or 6 lines of image written to the device (going 1.2 to 1.4) - does the fact that I've just got 3 indicate a problem? Also similar posts show that the write took way longer than my 16 seconds - is this a possible problem? (I doubt this as lower baud to 9600 caused 56s write).

Anyone out there had similar problems and more importantly have the solution?!

Believing the write to have worked I applied the v.3 overlay and now am stuck with a fw1.2 VCI with a v.3 overlay - utter pants!

HELP!
    I'm having exactly the same problem...very frustrating!

Did you manage to solve this issue?

I Flashed my vci when it first came available been using it for a while.Now tsp2 come out I upgrade Installed tsp2,downloaded tsi for it for vci it didnt work.Checked to see if I was stil in 1.4 mode and to my suprise i was not. So this caused the tsi not to work . I had to reflash my vci yesterd back to 1.4,why would it become unflashed , did i hit some buttons that would cause this please let me know so i dont do it again . Thank You
    Last edited by deejaygee; 04-20-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    MBP13",TSP,S4,F1,2TT,ABELTON 8 SUITE,PRO TOOLS 9.(Music Is My Solice)

After a lot of time fiddling around and trying to install FW 1.4, I would stress something I read several pages back. If you're getting time out errors, try a different USB power source. Nothing was happening for me with my VCI plugged into my Macbook. Then I plugged the USB into my PC for power and everything worked. Huzzah!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718