There's no tempo fader on the Native Instruments S8... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    That's what DVS, CDJs, and Vinyl are for.

@031999, clear your inbox.
    But I want to get my CDJs out of the equation without needing a S2 or S4. Though might end up getting a Behringer PL-1 module or two to suit.

Cool

Here's how it works with the S8.

Master Tempo knob in the middle of the mixer will adjust the master tempo by .01 when you turn it right or left. Hold down shift and it will adjust by 1bpm as you turn it.

You can also manually adjust the tempo in the same manner for each deck with separate knobs. If you are synced, any adjustments to the one deck (master) will affect the other (slave). Therefore, there's no need to use this method if you're synced, just use the Tempo knob in the middle of the mixer. If you're not synced, only the one deck will change with this method.

If you want to bring in a track at a different tempo than the one that's currently playing, just unsync and adjust your tempo for that channel/deck and leave the master tempo where it's at (track playing).

If you really want to beatmatch, just switch over to timecode vinyl or CDJ with the click of a switch.

No tempo faders was the number one issue for me when trying to decide whether or not to buy the S8. In addition to Techno / Electronica / House, I play a lot of downtempo, funk, 80s, wedding disco and stuff like that. I love the "feel" of real tempo/pitch faders and was really struggling with the idea of losing those.

I am now comfortable with the new methods.

So dust off those old turntables and have the best of both worlds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123