Traktor Kontrol S2 with Xone K2 mapping

Default Traktor Kontrol S2 with Xone K2 mapping

Hey guys!

I'm new here! My name is Martijn van den Berg, from Holland. When I'm DJ'ing, I always play with USB on the CDJ's. A couple of months ago I bought the Native Instruments Kontrol S2 MK2, just for the fun. At this moment, I'm also the proud owner of a Allen & Heath Xone K2 controller, just for fun also.

My question to you guys is:

Is it possible to combine these 2 controllers? I would like to play on the S2 MK2, and use the Xone K2 for just the effects!

I know how to import multiple mappings, because I already have a setup with the S2 MK2 and a Midifighter Spectra. So basicly all I need is a 'effects only' mapping for the Xone K2, right?

Thanks!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi Martijn,
    Welcome to the Forums!

You are correct. You can check out DJTT Maps or Traktorbible sites and search for the mapping that would properly arm your K2 with effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi Martijn,
    Welcome to the Forums!

You are correct. You can check out DJTT Maps or Traktorbible sites and search for the mapping that would properly arm your K2 with effects.
    Thanks Stewe!

I only see mappings where the K2 is mapped with deck control.. Do you happen to know one with only effects? Or is it to much to ask?

thanks.

Edit:
    I think I have an idea. Should I import a complete K2 mapping and delete all the mapping instructions which affect the functionality of the S2? So all that remains on the K2 is the effects section?
    Last edited by Graven Bend; 10-17-2014 at 07:38 AM. Reason: extra info

Tech Wizard

Jeeej Nederlanders!

It's indeed a good start to import a K2 mapping which looks a lot like the mappings you want.
    From there you can delete all the functions you don't want/need, or even better, replace them with your own mappings.
    Simply follow a few tutorials/guidelines on how to map a controller, it really ain't that hard and it has the great benefit of placing every function where ever you want it.
    After that you can also delete the FX sections from your S2 and stuff some more awesome sh*t in there.

The best guideline there is (I think) must be the Traktorbible, but you have to pay for it..

Combining that S2, K2 and Spectra can result in an awesome set up!

If you got any questions you can also ask me in dutch in a PM if that's easier for you.
    Love it when it all comes together.

Wow! Thanks! You can expect some PM's these days I think.
    Tonight I will try to get a good looking mapping, and delete the functions I don't need on the K2 and also on the S2. I think I want to get this working properly first, before I add my own mapping to it. Also adding the Spectra is a thing that I will do in a later stage.