Numark 4Trak and Chroma Caps (Before & After)

Default Numark 4Trak and Chroma Caps (Before & After)

This week I took delivery of a Numark 4Trak Controller then promptly added Chroma Caps to the deck to pimp it out.

This is my old setup which I miss so much.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

What make you go from modular to an all in one?
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Well I felt like I didnt have enough control over the music I was playing and I wanted to experience using platters. Im keeping my F1 since Im into launching clips, sound effects ect. If you already have a modular setup keep it I don't think you're missing much with a all in one unit. My modular setup was pretty hot all I may have needed would be another X1-MK2 to have control over 4 decks in Traktor.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

For a lot of people they tend to go from all in one to modular. I don't think I could go back to all on one. I'm even thinking about picking up another f1
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

I just bought a Kontrol stand for my F1 from DJTT thats how much I like it. I may just keep my other setup as a portable setup if I ever need to go portable.

How are those Fostex sounding?
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

The Fostex monitors are sweet they dont take up much space if any at all and they sound great. I'm just playing music in my bedroom so I dont need much power. For the price I paid for them I think they were are great deal and glad I cam across them while researching monitors. One day I'd like to upgrade to a size up from the PM0.3 I can only imagine how they would sound in a bedroom lol.

Tech Convert

How did the chroma caps fit on the 4trak? I've been thinking of getting them for mine, but I also saw many reviews that said that they were too long, wide etc. It definately looks nice, and changes it up from the full silver/black of the 4trak itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Canadien View Post

How did the chroma caps fit on the 4trak? I've been thinking of getting them for mine, but I also saw many reviews that said that they were too long, wide etc. It definately looks nice, and changes it up from the full silver/black of the 4trak itself.
    The chroma caps fit on the 4Trak just like they did on my F1 and X1MK2 the trick is not to slam the knobs all the way down on the deck. The only issue I had was that the browse knob wasnt as tall as the original but I dont care. The other issue I has was that the chroma caps dont fit well on the crossfader adjustments and headphone volume adjustment and cue other than that chroma caps work as you can see. Below is an updated picture of my 4Trak with some more Chroma Caps.

1030142139 (1).jpg
    Last edited by bc6; 11-06-2014 at 08:49 AM.