Mapping to emulate F1 with Trigger Finger?
    Tech Wizard

Default Mapping to emulate F1 with Trigger Finger?

I'm getting more and more interested in the functionality of the F1 for Remix Decks to trigger sounds, filter them, browse up and down and send to FX. I have an old Trigger Finger which has just about the right number of pads, knobs and sliders so before I drop ca$h on an F1 (also considering Maschine too) I want to see how Remix Decks etc fit into my workflow by trying a basic emulation on the Trigger Finger. I've searched around a few spots for other user mappings to emulate F1 on a Trigger Finger but haven't found anything other than a Youtube of someone doing what I hope to. Any ideas? Thanks

How familiar are you with mapping? IMO, the easiest thing to do would be, load NI's Maschine Remix Deck .tsi and re-learn all the commands with the Trigger Finger controls.

Tech Wizard

Hey FF, thanks for the input I'm not a newb to mapping but certainly no expert either.

So far I've mapped:

16 pads, 4 in each slot
    knobs for filter and volume for each slot
    a fader for FX unit 3 dry/wet
    one fader to sample page selector - moving the groups of 4 sample cells up/down

simple enough so far but was wondering if there's a way to have the pads scroll down with the sample page selector ie pads 1-4 become pads 5-8 when I'm on cells 5-8 in the slots?

Also, is there no way to send different slots to different FX units?

I'm just getting going with Remix Decks and that's pretty much what I wanted to do so far, thanks

In the modifier conditions drop-down, look for Sample Page Selector, toward the bottom. This will give you the pad scrolling you want. For example, pads 1, 5, 9, and 13 will all be mapped to the same pad but will trigger cells respective of which page you're currently on. So you'll map all 16 pads 4 times, each given a modifier condition Sample Page Selector = X.

As for a different effect on each slot in the deck, NI hasn't worked that in yet. Don't quote me but, I think it may be coming soon. I could have misunderstood but, I think one of the S8 videos I've seen showed this feature. So maybe they'll work it into a new release soon *fingers crossed*. It's also possible this was all in a dream I had

Tech Wizard

damn I love the helpful people on the internet!

took a couple of goes and some brain farts but got it happening, thank you!
    Last edited by niknok; 10-20-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niknok View Post
    took a couple of goes and some brain farts but got it happening
    I don't blame ya, reading my explanation back now, it makes little sense to me lol. Close enough for you to figure out though I guess. Glad I could help!

Tech Wizard

I'll post my meagre offering up here when it's done