Loop Active problem.

Default Loop Active problem.

Hello all.

It seems that predefined loops on some tracks donīt get activated automatically when played. Itīs a problem for me because I donīt always notice when Active is off and I forget to turn it on manually before the loop kicks in. Does someone have an explanation for this.
    Thanks in advance,

Synthster.

------------------------------------------
    MacBook Air - OSX Mavericks 10.9.4.
    Traktor 2.6.8. Full
    Traktor S2 Mk2
    ------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to the forums,
    storing a loop as an hotcue type doesn't mean it will activate when the track reaches that loop. Stored loops only activate by themselves only when the cue point is selected directly (you 'jump' to that point) or when you tell the software to activate the loop (beforehand reaching it or during it). Yes it means you need to not forget what you want to do...(multitasking, precision, dexterity, 'technical awareness', etc...are part of your skill set).
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Thanks for the reply. I guess that one will get used to checking if Active is green immediately after loading a loop track into a deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forums,
    storing a loop as an hotcue type doesn't mean it will activate when the track reaches that loop. Stored loops only activate by themselves only when the cue point is selected directly (you 'jump' to that point) or when you tell the software to activate the loop (beforehand reaching it or during it). Yes it means you need to not forget what you want to do...(multitasking, precision, dexterity, 'technical awareness', etc...are part of your skill set).
    I could have sworn there is a option in traktor that enables loop to be activated once the track reaches the loop in point...
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I had that problem when I was doing mapping. I must revisit it, would have thought there was a way round it
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Use 'Loop Active On' command not 'Loop Set'. Once this command is active your loop cues become ready.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I could have sworn there is a option in traktor that enables loop to be activated once the track reaches the loop in point...

or when you tell the software to activate the loop (beforehand reaching it or during it).
    in other words, yes the loop active function.
    Last edited by Yul; 11-03-2014 at 04:58 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Winner! Cheers for that stewe, I thought I had mapped that one, but I need to press a button for it to work. I'll mess around with it..
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.