getting sound to play through speakers

Default getting sound to play through speakers

just started to dj not even a week ago so I have zero clues on how to do basically anything, I just bought a pair of stanton t60s to start of on , hope that was a good choice.
    my problems is they have not came through in the post yet and im unsure what I will need to actually make them produce sound.

can I just buy any random speakers and plug them into it and it will play ? or do I need some kind of receiver/adapter as 2 steap means of playing the sound through a speaker?

or is it just as simple as I could buy a cheap 20 pound hi fi and be able to plug it straight in and it will give me sound?
    i have a computer too that is connected to an actual TV , would I be able to plug my decks into the computer then play it through the TV just like if you where to plug a set of headphones into the 3.5 jack at the back?

You need a mixer mate. Your turntables plug into that, and from the mixer to your speakers or amp.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Default nice

I got a mixer along with the turntables yeah , so I can just buy any speaker at all and plug them in now?

http://www.stuff-uk.net/p-933462.aspx

could I buy these and it will be fine?

You will need speakers with either RCA, TRS or XLR connectors, depending on what your mixer has. Looks like the speakers in your link are usb connected, so no good to hook up to a mixer.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Default ok

this is the manual text dude , so what speaker can I buy name wise so I can google it and buy a pair man?
    sorry i'm sounfing like a total idiot but you have to start somewhere man ! lol

The MASTER OUTPUT (4) jacks also connect to the main amplifier with RCA cables. - The REC OUTPUT (42) jacks can be used to connect the mixer to the record input of your recording unit, thus enabling you to record your mix by connecting these units with RCA cables. 4. Headphones may be plugged into the front panel-mounted HEADPHONES (16) ¼" jack. 5. Microphones may be plugged into the front panel-mounted MICROPHONE (12) ¼" jack. 6. The PMX-05 has 2 CONVERTIBLE PHONO/LINE (7, 8) RCA inputs located on the rear panel on either side of the MASTER RCA (4) input. Facing the rear panel, the convertible RCA Input on your right is for PHONO 1/ LINE 1 (8). The convertible RCA input on your left is for PHONO 2/ LINE 3 (7). Using the PHONO/ LINE CONVERTER (5, 6) SWITCHES, located just below each input, you may convert the PHONO (PH) to LINE (LN) and vice versa. Plug the RCA's from your playable medium into each input to be connected to their respective channels (CH). The PH INPUTS only accept turntables with a magnetic cartridge. The STEREO LINE INPUTS only accept line level inputs such as a CD, DAT, MiniDisc, etc and require the LINE setting using the PH/LN CONVERTER (5, 6) switches. 7. When using (a) turntable(s), you will need to ground the RCA cable(s) by screwing in the grounding fork(s) to the GROUND- ING SCREWS (9) located in the rear panel of the PMX-05 mixer. Attach each PH ground line to one of the DUAL GROUND THUMB SCREWS (9). These are adjacent to each RCA PH input

Something like the KRK Rokit range would suit you, they are self powered and connect with RCA connectors (Which is what your mixer has) ... we have them in the store,

https://store.djtechtools.com/products/krk-rokit-5

Default .

aw man I aint got that kind of money just now thats why I was just getting a cheap 20 quid set to do me until the next time I get paid then i would get something better after,

is there any cheap as chips ones around that I can just hook straight up to for now you know of man?

Well if you have a stereo already, as long as it has some inputs in the back you can hook up to that.

...or if you have a pair of computer speakers, those will work for now. You'll need a 1/8" to RCA adapter.
    ---------------------------
    Greybeard Turntablist
    Z2 / 1200's / X1 MK2 / F1 / Maschine MK2

Quote Originally Posted by blatterjr View Post
    ...or if you have a pair of computer speakers, throw those POS's away immediately and get some real ones.
    fixed