thoughts on this - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Translation: "I'm really insecure about my ability to play one song after another, so I hate on women who DJ and get more attention than me in order to make myself feel better".
    let's please not take this thread down the rabbit hole...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Banned

Thread started out dumb, enough if these

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    Thread started out dumb, enough if these
    It's like any other thread... don't like it? Ignore it. That and it's in off topic. Mods will lock if it/when it gets off track.
    ---------------------------
    Greybeard Turntablist
    Z2 / 1200's / X1 MK2 / F1 / Maschine MK2

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Just cus it's a woman doesn't make it a 'women hating' thread. It's a thread on shitness. Doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman.
    People need to get a grip and stop turning everything into some major political and social commentary.

The point is that it's shit. The music is shit, the performance is cringeworthy and it sums up EVERYTHING I detest about music (dance music). The fact that she is female has nothing to do with it - The OP didn't even mention gender.

And no, it's not ok cus we don't see many women DJ's - I'd rather there be no women DJ's that shitty miming DJ's. Thankfully there are plenty of women DJ's out there that aren't shitty.

Personally I wouldn't start a thread like this because I don't come across this kind of stuff in my day to day life (unless it's posted on here) but the guy asked for peoples opinions - he didn't just wade in with hate.

People need to stop assuming they occupy a higher plain and that they can tell other members what is and isn't ok to discuss if it doesn't breach forum rules which this clearly doesn't.

The more of this crap there is the more people think it's the standard to aim for so yeah call it out.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blatterjr View Post
    It's like any other thread... don't like it? Ignore it. That and it's in off topic. Mods will lock if it/when it gets off track.
    So bashing people's mixing skills is fine, but calling out people for being dicks is "just, like, your opinion, man"?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Just cus it's a woman doesn't make it a 'women hating' thread. It's a thread on shitness. Doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman.
    People need to get a grip and stop turning everything into some major political and social commentary.

The point is that it's shit. The music is shit, the performance is cringeworthy and it sums up EVERYTHING I detest about music (dance music). The fact that she is female has nothing to do with it - The OP didn't even mention gender.

And no, it's not ok cus we don't see many women DJ's - I'd rather there be no women DJ's that shitty miming DJ's. Thankfully there are plenty of women DJ's out there that aren't shitty.

Personally I wouldn't start a thread like this because I don't come across this kind of stuff in my day to day life (unless it's posted on here) but the guy asked for peoples opinions - he didn't just wade in with hate.

People need to stop assuming they occupy a higher plain and that they can tell other members what is and isn't ok to discuss if it doesn't breach forum rules which this clearly doesn't.

The more of this crap there is the more people think it's the standard to aim for so yeah call it out.

I don't see anything objectively bad with the performance. You all just sound bitter because someone who plays a drastically different and more popular genre is getting more attention than you and you can't take it, so you decide to show how superior you are on a forum where people share your views on DJing.

So bashing people's mixing skills is fine, but calling out people for being dicks is "just, like, your opinion, man"?
    Attacking someone directly, yes. Stay focused.
    Greybeard Turntablist

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    And no, it's not ok cus we don't see many women DJ's:
    I don't, so yes, it is... to me.
    Greybeard Turntablist

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I don't see anything objectively bad with the performance. You all just sound bitter because someone who plays a drastically different and more popular genre is getting more attention than you and you can't take it, so you decide to show how superior you are on a forum where people share your views on DJing.

I play some of that shite at the commercial clubs I play at. I play it cus I get paid a fair amount to do so - my artistic integrity is maintained at the gigs where I play the music I like. The point is I don't post videos of me miming to said rubbish music.

Dunno how you arrive at being "bitter" - I detest that kind of music and that kind of performance I could care less if anyone around here likes the music I play. How on earth does people not liking something make them "bitter".

My main point was that it is not a sexist thread as you seem to imply. You're wrong.
    As for me being "superior" - is that because I disagree with your premise that this is a woman hating thread? I think you are the one that feels he is superior enough to tell others what is or isn't permissible.

Tech Guru

Hit it on the mark. Whenever mainstream EDM is brought to attention, the people here love to bash on it. The mixing really isn't that bad. I just think it gets extra attention because she's a female.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast