thoughts on this - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I neither like or dislike this vid.

My problem with it, is that it's a really well produced video, and her skills don't necessarily warrant such a well produced video.

Whoever made the video is trying to fool us, they're saying "look at this - we think you'll think it's great, so we've spent some money on the production of it".

They're taking us for idiots. That, I don't like.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I play some of that shite at the commercial clubs I play at. I play it cus I get paid a fair amount to do so - my artistic integrity is maintained at the gigs where I play the music I like. The point is I don't post videos of me miming to said rubbish music.

Dunno how you arrive at being "bitter" - I detest that kind of music and that kind of performance I could care less if anyone around here likes the music I play. How on earth does people not liking something make them "bitter".

My main point was that it is not a sexist thread as you seem to imply. You're wrong.
    As for me being "superior" - is that because I disagree with your premise that this is a woman hating thread? I think you are the one that feels he is superior enough to tell others what is or isn't permissible.
    She's not miming, you can actually see her mix and I for one think that the technical aspect of the video is actually ok. It's ok if you think that the music is rubbish, but that doesn't mean that people aren't allowed to make videos of themselves mixing EDM. If anything, I think showing off your skills to the internet is more worthy of praise than playing "shite" music for money.

Not liking something subjective is fine. Making a whole thread just to show how bad (according to you) someone is, on the other hand, is not cool at all.

This is a perfectly fine video, but people are trying to find all its little mistakes to show that she's just doing some miming while showing off her body and seeking attention. I never see people doing that with male DJs (bar ridiculously successful people such as Guetta). Pointing out that people are being inconsiderate and rude is hardly my definition for "feeling superior".

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    You're like 13 years old right? Surely you've sat down with your mommy and spotted Wally, and now spotting the fake DJ. Kids being kids.
    i wasn't trying to be facetious when i asked you that question. Sometimes I have a hard time deciphering your responses and i was curious to know if you use a translator app, because that would answer a lot of questions.

instead i get this response. Its not a personal attack, relax dude. Ignoring you is probably the best solution going forth.

good day!

Edit for some actual contribution to this thread -

the reason why i have so much of a problem with this video touches on the issue of model Djs. managers are trying to sell the person, rather than the music. kinda like this juicy M video:

that and the kaosolator sounds were super thin and flat.
    Last edited by Killing time; 10-23-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Just cus it's a woman doesn't make it a 'women hating' thread. It's a thread on shitness. Doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman.
    People need to get a grip and stop turning everything into some major political and social commentary.

The point is that it's shit. The music is shit, the performance is cringeworthy and it sums up EVERYTHING I detest about music (dance music). The fact that she is female has nothing to do with it - The OP didn't even mention gender.

And no, it's not ok cus we don't see many women DJ's - I'd rather there be no women DJ's that shitty miming DJ's. Thankfully there are plenty of women DJ's out there that aren't shitty.

Personally I wouldn't start a thread like this because I don't come across this kind of stuff in my day to day life (unless it's posted on here) but the guy asked for peoples opinions - he didn't just wade in with hate.

People need to stop assuming they occupy a higher plain and that they can tell other members what is and isn't ok to discuss if it doesn't breach forum rules which this clearly doesn't.

The more of this crap there is the more people think it's the standard to aim for so yeah call it out.

No it wasn't a thread about shit, it was about it being real or not. It obviously is real.
    Is this what you want this forum to be about? Finding and posting what one thinks is shit so self righteous people can rant about how kewl they are? lame

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    i wasn't trying to be facetious when i asked you that question. Sometimes I have a hard time deciphering your responses and i was curious to know if you use a translator app, because that would answer a lot of questions.
    I understood you have a hard time understanding me, also understand it's got nothing to do with language and everything to do with your age. The fact that you say "good old edm" explains everything. There is deepness in your shallowness.

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    Ignoring you is probably the best solution going forth.
    Do what ever you want kid, just stop narrating your thoughts and do it.
    Last edited by JaF; 10-23-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I neither like or dislike this vid.

My problem with it, is that it's a really well produced video, and her skills don't necessarily warrant such a well produced video.

Whoever made the video is trying to fool us, they're saying "look at this - we think you'll think it's great, so we've spent some money on the production of it".

They're taking us for idiots. That, I don't like.
    They aren't trying to sell it to us though, we're not the intended audience. Sex sales.....and 20 somethings who aren't happy about it will also find out in time that youth also sells so they really have nothing to complain about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123