What's worse? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's worse?

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I think the issue with Kanji/Chinese/etc. calligraphy tattoos is because they have been popular for a long time. I don't remember which comedian said it, but it was a while ago...

"Yeah, your asian-language tattoo means you're spiritual. In case you didn't now, it's over the crack of your ass and translates to 'beef with broccoli'....you're not spiritual, you're just high."

My tattoo, as well as the next few in the queue, is a memorial. It's a religious symbol that has specific meaning to me despite being the symbol of a religion that I, largely, detest. Fortunately, it's in the middle of my chest, so the conversation doesn't come up very often. The next ones are going to be 2 specific flowers (on my calf and shoulder blade) and a Masonic symbol (on my other calf) despite not really liking flowers and not being a Mason. After that, I'll start with the ones that mean something just to me with a Fraternity symbol....but I have to figure out if it'll actually hurt my career because that one will be visible most of the time.
    That's a great quote! LOL.

Your memorial tats sound very cool - spread out even.

The reason mine are both on my torso...I try to look professional for work even though I don't act very professional at work.

Quote Originally Posted by teknik1200 View Post
    For some reason I pass out cold when getting ink. I passed out twice during my first and three times during the second. I haven't gone back for more. I have a phoenix and a yin-yang wrapped in a recycle triangle.
    Do you eat beforehand or go on an empty stomach? I've seen some recommend actual sugary foods as it supposedly helps with the bleeding/clotting. I had an energy bar beforehand this time and brought a bottle of water.

I actually had to take a "water break" at an hour this time. It went from only hurting in certain spots when I didn't know it was coming, to knowing it was coming and concentrating on my music to ignore the pain, to everything, no matter where or how long was killing me. After that though...it flew. My first tat, I thought I was just going in to discuss the artwork - didn't realize I was getting tatted right then and there. Might have actually been better that way though because I didn't have time to psyche myself out of getting it.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

It's just something to do with getting poked by needles, my body just shuts down. It's not even the pain, I've had it happen to me just getting a shot at the dr. I walked out of the room and woke up on the floor.

Banned

Fear of needles is a great thing to have.

Yeah....that happens.

I almost passed out halfway through mine....had to have some water and stand in front of a little fan for a bit.

I went with a friend, and he said he was glad he went first....that he wouldn't have gone through with it if he had watched me.

I'm not sure which is worse: ribs or sternum. But neither one is exactly a laughing matter. Right on that center bone, I could have sworn it felt like a drill.

It didn't help that after the first mark, the artist stopped and said "BTW, dude, this is going to suck".

I could see where fear of needles and tattoos wouldn't mix.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I'm not sure which is worse: ribs or sternum. But neither one is exactly a laughing matter. Right on that center bone, I could have sworn it felt like a drill.

It didn't help that after the first mark, the artist stopped and said "BTW, dude, this is going to suck".
    I don't envy you on the sternum. Can't imagine what that would be like. I've got one more planned for my mom on my left rib - no Kanji this time, but a musical quote. Hopefully she makes it a couple more years so I can let the memory of the pain subside.

My artist asked where I wanted it placed on my ribs and I said wherever it would hurt the least. He just chuckled and said there was no such place on the ribs, then put it in the middle.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Lol. I love tat artists' sense of humor. My guy said the job was the only one where you get to hurt people AND see them leave with a smile.

Banned

My dominatrix said the same thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123