Some Questions from a newbe

Default Some Questions from a newbe

hi,

i´m from germany so sorry for my bad english

so, i read this blog for some month and i really like it. I bought me a Korg nano pad (i like it!) and the sony mdr-v700.

now im searching for a portable mixer that goes with the nano pad and is portable. i think i only need to control 2 decks. By the way i work with traktor.

I also think about to buy the audio2dj from ni what do you think about it? would you prefer the audio4dj or the audio8dj (its to expensive for me)?

Thanks allready for your tips and answers!

When choosing between audio2,audio4 and audio 8 there are two questions:
    Internal mixing or external mixing? - external mixing = audio 8 dj
    internal mixing: do you want inputs (for recording music)? yes = audio 4 dj, no = audio 2 dj
    At least thats how much I can tell you..

For mixers there are loads of options which basically depend on if you want to mix internal or external.. good luck, and think about internal vs external

i doesn´t have any external music surce. i think the audio2dj is the best because of the little price and the portability.

can anyone show me a mixer with a crossfader and that give me the chance to control low mid high and some effects.

If you mean an analogue mixer, you won't suffice with the audio2dj. If you mean a midi mixer, then you might want Stanton SCS.3m or maybe a complete 2 deck setup + mixer like the VCI-100 or similar.. It depends on your budget really, how much do you want/have to spend?

is the mixer to go with the nano pad and audio2? in which case i think you could get by with something some like this (link).
    unless i'm missing something vital here regarding the audio2

however there are 4 channel mixers out there at a similar price (or a bit lower - but be wary) which would give the option to expand later.

but as mentioned above you might wanna look at something like the vci? really it depends on what you want to do.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

thats not a midi-mixer so you'll need at least three times 2 outputs (total 6 outputs) from your sound card to get 2 decks + cue.. Audio2 will not be enough

i thought if you ran external you routed each channel to the mixer (which apparently on NI site can be done with audio2 (1/4 inch to rca cable)) and then you use monitor on mixer? not using external i'm not 100% sure, just based on what i've seen?

SoundCloud

Well, the steps you describe are correct, but when you count the number of outputs (2) that means you can run either two decks to your mixer, or one deck and one headphone.. Oh wait. Sheez I just realized a mixed has headphone knobs? That would be cool means you can mix external with audio2.. lol correct me if wrong thanks for this Brad

no problem, you had me confused too lol

SoundCloud