Buying new DJ Headphones. My budget is around 200 EUR. Suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    toka

Default Buying new DJ Headphones. My budget is around 200 EUR. Suggestions?

Hey,

I need some new DJ headphones. My budget is around 200 EUR. I want something that isolates well and is ergonomic. Also good sound of course.

I was thinking of these:

Sennheiser HD-25 C II

http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_hd25_c_ii.htm

Any opinions or other suggestions?

can't go wrong with hd-25s. my ears start to hurt a bit after wearing them for a while, that is why i settled with the technics dj-rp1200. you should also look into the aiaiai tma-1 headphones. you could easily order some pairs, test them and send the ones you don't like back.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Bea----ts by Dre, no seriously I have a pair of Sony MDR-V55 and they are awesome sounding wont break the bank.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

HD-25s are the only headphones I'll use for DJing at this point. Mine are almost 8 years old and were the only thing (other than me) to survive a car wreck that killed a lot of things (including a laptop and an iPod) that were in the same bag as the headphones.

They're just plain fantastic.

I used to recommend MDR-7506s as cheaper alternatives, but the ones I got for christmas a year or two ago are falling apart...never gigged with them, just using them at my computer when speakers would annoy my wife. They appear to have fallen off over the last few years.

TMA-1s are supposed to be decent as well, but I tried a demo pair in a Best Buy....I'm not sure about the source they were running or how abused they'd been, but I thought they sounded like crap for the money.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You cant go wrong with the HD25's for gigging, isolation is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I used to recommend MDR-7506s as cheaper alternatives, but the ones I got for christmas a year or two ago are falling apart...never gigged with them
    How in hells name did you break them ? I seriously abuse mine and they've lasted more than a decade (apart from the pads).

The pads. That's it. They still work, but the pads are about shot.

Hd25 pads are still original. Also, I never realized how badly the 7506s isolate until I switched to hd25s and then back.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    You cant go wrong with the HD25's for gigging, isolation is second to none.
    According to Chris Brackley the new Pioneers are better on the isolation department: "Pioneer have made some refinements of their own, which in some respects put the C70s ahead of the HD 25s. The cups are thicker, with the same air chamber design as the HDJ-1500s, and that means the isolation promised to be excellent, and indeed it was; just edging out the HD 25s and the TMA-1s to offer the best isolation on test."
    Source: http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/10/1...dj-headphones/

That's a good test to look at by the way.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

That's a good test to look at by the way.
    Good Call, totally forgot about these new pio's - haven't had a chance to test them anywhere yet though.

The pads. That's it. They still work, but the pads are about shot.
    I picked up new pads for $7 on ebay from china recently - they feel like they will last a bit longer than the originals, more rubberized pleather, although not quite as comfortable (maybe just more break-in) The sheepskin pads are supposedly where its at.

Once the pleather breaks on them there is literally no isolation anymore.
    Last edited by deevey; 10-30-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Meh.

They work for listening, and I've still got my HD-25s. I just won't buy another pair.

Tech Wizard

I recently moved my HD25s as backups, and HDJ-2000s (a little more expensive) as my primary. I like their sound better, and they are more comfortable. HD25s have slightly better isolation. I'm thinking some VMODA M-100s for my next pair...also around that price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast