Need help with DVS setup/gear suggestions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help with DVS setup/gear suggestions

I have read through the websites and I am trying to understand what is needed. I am mostly a in home DJ for fun and small parties. I have a stanton djc.4, lpd8, and mf3d. I just got a good deal on 2 turntables. I want to use traktor scratch pro. I know I need an interface (audio8) and a mixer. My question is if there are mixers, other than the z2, that serve both purposes. The new Dj Tech dif-1m boasts good features and midi controls. Can I get a mixer like that or will I still need a NI audio interface? I am looking to keep the cost down while having a fun setup. Thanks in advance

You wil need an NI soundcard (not audio 2) or a certified mixer.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...r-scratch-pro/

Someone please correct me if that page is out of date.

Personally, I think the sound cards are a better deal....just because I don't personally like any of the traktor certified mixers.

True. My denon is certified but i still prefer using the audio 6, cos it looks cooler with a jumble of spaghetti out the back *wink*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en...r-scratch-pro/

Someone please correct me if that page is out of date.

Personally, I think the sound cards are a better deal....just because I don't personally like any of the traktor certified mixers.
    unless you tried every every mixer off that list.....bs
    but, yes.....if you don't own a audio interface you're fucked up when you get a gig in a club.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I ALWAYS liked separate Mixer/Audio Interface set-ups.

Until I got my DJM-850. ONE USB cable for 4 stereo channels of music?!?

Yes please.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    unless you tried every every mixer off that list.....bs
    I used to work at guitar center. So, actually I have at least demo'd all of them except the zero8 and the evo5. Actually, I haven't demo'd the current line of Pioneers, but I've played with them. They're the same as the others except they don't sound as bad.

4d: it's a good mixer and would be my choice out of the lot. But, the MIDI sections aren't quite to my preference, so I wouldn't spend 2 grand on it. Besides, I think the xones' biggest advantage is the 4-band EQ, which it doesn't have. And the filter and CF assignments being tied togther is usable but far from ideal.

Denons: they're fine mixers, just not what I'd want.

Ecler: now out of business, but before that....I'm sure it's a good mixer. It just never really floated my boat.

Korg: meh. I demo'd a zero4 and....idk. It's really crowded for a bunch of stuff I wouldn't use.

Pioneer: I just don't like Pioneer mixers. I can use them, and it's nice that they're in basically every booth and have that feature. But I wouldn't buy one.

As far as what I've owned...it's been Vestax, A&H, and now Rane. I just like them better. If I really wanted a mixer with a sound card for DVS, I'd probably buy a Rane and switch to SDJ....or just buy a sound card and deal with the more complicated setup.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I used to work at guitar center. So, actually I have at least demo'd all of them except the zero8 and the evo5. Actually, I haven't demo'd the current line of Pioneers, but I've played with them. They're the same as the others except they don't sound as bad.
    I stand corrected. Still, your opinions are rather...subjective at least. Won't even ask how you rate DJM mixers above the competition on sound quality (recenty had a chance to hear a sound test with denon x1700 and djm range)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I think they sound good if you do your part, and they do a decent job of not sounding like absolute garbage (like the 500 and 600 did) if the DJ is dumb enough to think red lights mean loud enough.

I don't like Pioneer EQs or Filters compared to the EQs and Filters on Xones...Pio's are too aggressive/obvious.

But it's not like I'd refuse to play if I showed up somewhere and there was a 900nxs in the booth. I'd just plug in my 1 usb cable and go to town. I just feel no need to have one in my bedroom.

Plus, being forced to own a sound card means that you can use (more or less) whatever mixer you find...you know, assuming they installed a patch bay or at least gave you access to the connections.

What did you think comparing them to Denons? I've never been able to A/B them in an even halfway-controlled environment.

Right now, I'm trying to decide if I want to A/B my DDJ-SX against my Rane. 'cuz....since I got it, I'm almost buying the "this mixer actually sounds better" argument. I'm sure some of it is Placebo....but I'm not sure I want to find out how much is.

One thing is for sure, I will not trade my 2016 for a 900 just because it's simpler. If I decide I want simple, I'll just spend the money on CDJs.

Our DNX1600 blows away our own DJM600 (not hard) and mates' DJM700 in every respect, and as far as features compared to the 800, there is still no comparison ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast