i get this weird distortion
    Tech Mentor

Default i get this weird distortion

hey in my last 2 mixes i have been getting this weird distortion. i Thought i might have been to low latency but i just did another one and upped it to around 10.5 - 12 and no difference.

Its weird its on treble and bass in my mix. i have a macbook uni-body 4 gig ram audio 8 dj and nice new gold played usb cords.

Any help will be appreciated.

my first thought would be double check levels and make sure your not clipping the recording level, but I assume you've already done that?

What about re-installing the drivers?

k

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

This is a Driver issue.

NI just released a new Driver (2.3.14) that is specifically for Unibody Macs with more than 4 gig RAM . Its in the Download section.

The Distortion is caused by Unibody Macs and driver handling. It only affects Unibodys with more than 4gig.
    Apple have done something screwy with this latest batch of MBPs so NI had to quickly develop a new driver. Naturally everyone blamed NI for this and not Apple... Meh..!

Karlos

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Naturally everyone blamed NI for this and not Apple... Meh..!
    i don't see how it could be apples fault they put shitty driver handling in...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The Audio 8 Drivers and Unibody Macbook Pros were fine until this latest batch.

Then suddenly NI had to re-do the Driver because lots of people reported Distortion issues with brand new MBPs with Snow Leopard.

They are the facts. Your choice to believe it simply fits what i said about people blaming NI.

Alu Macbook Pros with Audio 8s are not affected.

Unibody Macbook Pros with Audio 8s from the previous Series are not affected.

This Series of MBP that are 145 days (as of today) into the cycle from release with Snow Leopard ARE affected by bad driver handling.

I dont make this stuff up. Facts are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The Audio 8 Drivers and Unibody Macbook Pros were fine until this latest batch.

Then suddenly NI had to re-do the Driver because lots of people reported Distortion issues with brand new MBPs with Snow Leopard.

They are the facts. Your choice to believe it simply fits what i said about people blaming NI.

Alu Macbook Pros with Audio 8s are not affected.

Unibody Macbook Pros with Audio 8s from the previous Series are not affected.

This Series of MBP that are 145 days (as of today) into the cycle from release with Snow Leopard ARE affected by bad driver handling.

I dont make this stuff up. Facts are facts.
    i was joking....

that strikes me as a bit odd that it happened with such a specific group of macs though, maybe used cheaper parts in the new ones? but tbh all i understood was NI, Macbook and Audio 8, not a mac user

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud