VCI 100 + Ableton

Default VCI 100 + Ableton

does anyone know where I could find an Ableton controller template for the VCI-100? and any possible explanation on how it's set up?

Tech Wizard

i donīt think that youīll find a good template, because its layout isnīt really comfortable for ableton... but you can make your own by midi assign each button and faders.

i think the vestax controller for ableton is the much better choice.
    i donīt think that there could be a good workflow with the vci 100 in ableton, but thatīs just my oppinion...

if you finf one or make one load it up iīm interested to see if iīm right

Vestax has on this on their website for a long time now
    "LIVE 6: Testing. Firmware and control assignment files are being made."
    Doesnt particularly look promising, are you hoping to use the VCI with Traktor and Ableton ? or just Ableton alone ?

I was just going to try out Ableton by itself just for the sake of trying it out. One of main things I liked about ableton was when you warp your tracks you could pretty much lay one over another track and it'd beatmatch perfectly. I am interested in the combining of the 2 programs in your smart mixing tutorial you have in your signature, but never got around to doing it. I wasn't sure of what other features it had to offer than smart mixing

Smart mixing is basically in simple terms - "1 action controls multiple actions"

Other than smart mixing with the 2 applications, what else can the pair do together?

Wouldn't be something the MIDI learn couldn't fix... I guess.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Laws View Post
    I was just going to try out Ableton by itself just for the sake of trying it out. One of main things I liked about ableton was when you warp your tracks you could pretty much lay one over another track and it'd beatmatch perfectly. I am interested in the combining of the 2 programs in your smart mixing tutorial you have in your signature, but never got around to doing it. I wasn't sure of what other features it had to offer than smart mixing

Smart mixing is basically in simple terms - "1 action controls multiple actions"

Other than smart mixing with the 2 applications, what else can the pair do together?
    No thats not smart mixing at all, smart mixing is the use of cross band compression - read this http://www.biglimemedia.com/smartmixer/

Actually...

"Smart mixing is basically in simple terms - "1 action controls multiple actions"

IS smart mixing.

"cross band compression" is just an application instance of smart mixing.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Actually...

"Smart mixing is basically in simple terms - "1 action controls multiple actions"

IS smart mixing.

"cross band compression" is just an application instance of smart mixing.
    Moldover created it and he calls it smart-mixing - Ean called it smart-compression for the purpose of a single article which is what i believe you are quoting.

I was using my VCI 100 with Ableton 6 for sometime up until its sad demise.

you wont find to many templates. Erganomics with the VCI and Ableton are somewhat limited.
    My template I was using basically was a 2 channel (belvario smart mixer) setup.

with a few effects, 4 clip launching buttons.

Now I am using a 4 channel set up with my Trigger finger and xsessions Pro.

Loving it.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .