The Art Of Knob Twisting? - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

So, a good DJ.

Yeah.

For the love of God, let's not allow "Lego DJ" to become anything more than a throw away comment on a forum.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    What the hell is a lego dj?

And, no, it doesn't. Volume doubles if you play 2 tracks at full-volume while they're both playing full-volume sections. Fix either one of those and it doesn't happen. So, in other words...phrase your mixes right and/or actually use faders instead of pretending they're mute switches and that problem doesn't happen.

tell that to this guy:

Give it a try some time. Whether you end up actually mixing that way or not, I'm convinced it'll make you a better DJ to learn how to do it. Remember, the DJs that invented house didn't have channel EQs. That's all I intended to do...I just ended up also not liking the way DJ EQs sound. They're just too heavy-handed to use when mixing and not precise enough to actually balance differently-mastered tracks.

Also, EQs don't take out dissonance from key clashes.
    Ah yes.... Rotary mixing.... This truly is an art I haven't yet mastered.... Though I wish to get there once!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Your website says .nl, otherwise I'd offer to let you try mine. I don't think we're anywhere near each other.

FWIW, I'm really loving mine. By the numbers, it's noisy as hell, but I swear things sound better through it than not through it....probably the new but longly coveted toy effect.

Banned

So, a good DJ.
    or boring depending on your tastes. I mean if you start to play by all the rules than why not just let a computer do it.

True, but that's not what I read in what he said.

True, but that's not what I read in what he said.
    I mark all my tracks in traktor so I have a better sense of what I am doing. I played minimal techno on vinyl when I started. some times it got really deep and lego'ish or it was just normal vinyl trying to make transitions between each record witch took some memory.

I don't think lego dj's get enough credit!

Tech Guru

Your website says .nl, otherwise I'd offer to let you try mine. I don't think we're anywhere near each other.

FWIW, I'm really loving mine. By the numbers, it's noisy as hell, but I swear things sound better through it than not through it....probably the new but longly coveted toy effect.
    Analogue saturation and smearing is a thing. And its a lovely, pleasing thing.

I would never move to a digital mixer at home.

Yeah....IDK if it's "noise" or "color" or "vibe" or what (well, it's not distortion, 'cuz I kinda know how to run a mixer), but it sounds great.

Tech Guru

Yeah....IDK if it's "noise" or "color" or "vibe" or what (well, it's not distortion, 'cuz I kinda know how to run a mixer), but it sounds great.
    Technically, it is distortion and noise. But just low level pleasing lovely smeary distortion and noise.