Film/Audio Studio

Default Film/Audio Studio

So I just get a new huge gig
    A friend of mine just got us working with this big ass [movie/short film/anything related to video] studio
    They got animation studio that they supposed to be the same they use in TRON, huge green screen theatre that has being used for some big names in the industry of films and music.

Thats not my gig tho they have this beautiful building designed only for audio production
    A huge acoustic room for mixing and creating audio in 7.1
    2 recording rooms each one with his control room with a perfect acoutic theatment

Thats our gig we have already work in there for a few times but Im sure we are not exploiting the place the right way...
    So I im here for new ideas any idea is helpfull

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post
    So I just get a new huge gig
    A friend of mine just got us working with this big ass [movie/short film/anything related to video] studio
    They got animation studio that they supposed to be the same they use in TRON, huge green screen theatre that has being used for some big names in the industry of films and music.

Thats not my gig tho they have this beautiful building designed only for audio production
    A huge acoustic room for mixing and creating audio in 7.1
    2 recording rooms each one with his control room with a perfect acoutic theatment

Thats our gig we have already work in there for a few times but Im sure we are not exploiting the place the right way...
    So I im here for new ideas any idea is helpfull
    I'm not understanding your new "gig." Your speaking of a facility that seems dedicated to post production and production work (film/video). How do you fit into the equation? Audio post production is an entirely different beast than DJ'ing or music production. The question is what are the responsibilities of you "gig" and what is your professional skill set?

I've been doing post work for 20+ years. So posting audio to video IS my thing... for example.

Well for me a gig is a job (any job) in the entertainment industry. I understand we are in a DJ forum so my mistake jajaja

So the manager of this facility gives me and a friend of mine green light to do whatever the hell we want with the audio building
    (they never use it as is they need to start getting paid for the building or they going to give away everything to music schools)

We have 2 recording rooms each one with his own control room and another 7.1 surround sound room with a Avid System-5b

Im not gonna lie Im not an expert neither my friend he can handle live audio I can handle recording room and control room I can mix and master any genre I have being doing this professionally for a goog amount of time with professional education on this

We are getting some help from a local crew that are in the field of mapping they have mapped ALOT of churches, buildings, and festivals. They now their craft and they have a decent amount of knowledge in the stereo field (they help us setting the 7.1 room)

I know we need tons of experience to get this ship sailing but we are working on that spending each cent in more educational courses

What do you think we can start doing with the 7.1 room?
    What courses do you think can help us in any way?

The film facility have their own clients they wont send us any work, We need to get our own work no one use the audio facility exept for us and the clients we get