Cdj 850 Loop-Problem - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    rekordbox isn't a DVS. It's library software.

The nicer CDJs (2000, 900, 2000nxs, 900nxs) will read beat grids, hot cues, cover art, etc. from a rekordbox library either off of a laptop via ethernet or off of a USB key that the library is exported to.

It doesn't play audio like Traktor or SeratoDJ.
    well what is he using for time code software? if record box is just a library? does he know DVS software has library's? traktor remembers everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Yes. Apparently, it doesn't read the quantize information from the rekordbox analysis...which makes me wonder what rekordbox is even giving you....
    This is why I always question it every time I see people recommending the 350s & 850s on the strength of them being Rekordbox compatible...

You can do loads of cool stuff with Rekordbox but the fact is the 350s & 850s simply don't support 90% of it.

It's also worth noting that the 850 only has a frame resolution of 1/75 sec, whereas the 900 and above have 1/150 sec. Whether this has an impact or not I'm not 100% sure, but it would seem logical that the higher the resolution the tighter the loops will be.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Tech Wizard

I set a perfect Loop in Recordbox and put the Tracks on my USB. When I play the loop on my 850s the Loop is not perfect anymore. I bought CDJs because I want to be able to Play on 2000s only with my USB. But maybe for home practicing I need this timecode setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmshred View Post
    I set a perfect Loop in Recordbox and put the Tracks on my USB. When I play the loop on my 850s the Loop is not perfect anymore. I bought CDJs because I want to be able to Play on 2000s only with my USB. But maybe for home practicing I need this timecode setup.
    As stated, the loop you set in Rekordbox is quantized to the beat grid and so will be completely seemless. You then export it to the usb (with all the associated quantize information). However once you plug it into the 850 the player is unable to read any of the quantize information as it doesn't support it. So it then gives you a lower resolution, non-quantized version of the loop you set in Rekordbox.

That said, I am still surprised the loops are out that badly. I used the auto-loop on my cdj900s on CDs (so no quantizing) and whilst not 100% perfect they were still pretty tight.

Likewise I have used the auto loop on my denon sc2900s with CDs (so again no quanitzing) and get a similar result- not perfect but more than tight enough to mix from with only the odd jog-wheel nudge every couple of bars.

I know both of these players have higher frame resolution than the 850 which could be the reason but it still strikes me as odd that they would be that unusable.

Regarding the time-code point, if you are going to use the 850s with Traktor then connect them to the laptop via the usb output on the back of the players and make use of the HID support. Using time-code with the 850s is simply madness when they support HID connectivity.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Quote Originally Posted by dj max bradley View Post
    well what is he using for time code software? if record box is just a library? does he know DVS software has library's? traktor remembers everything.
    He's not using time code software.

Cdjs can actually play music, not just time code.

Tech Wizard

I never get a working loop. Even if I try to adjust them with the Jogwheel. They always go out of time with the second track.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    Regarding the time-code point, if you are going to use the 850s with Traktor then connect them to the laptop via the usb output on the back of the players and make use of the HID support. Using time-code with the 850s is simply madness when they support HID connectivity.
    850's are not supported in Traktor with HID, only regular midi. Still, for EDM type of music, still better than timecode.
    Serato does have HID support for 850's.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Okay guys. I sold them. I will go for the 900s.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmshred View Post
    Okay guys. I sold them. I will go for the 900s.
    how much did you get for them?

Tech Wizard

i had luck and got 100€ more for them 1100€.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast