Traktor issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traktor issue.

Tech Wizard

Question Traktor issue.

I'm having a bit of a problem... ;( Various effects are not working in Traktor.

I recently purchased a new laptop, which is more than capable of running Traktor Pro. This laptop is the new MSI GS60 Ghost 3K pro (16GB Ram, 256GB SSD, 3GB GTX 870, 3K Display, 1TB HDD), so I don't think it's the lack of power.

When I turn on Traktor, no matter what settings I have, my effects won't work properly. The music sounds fine at first. But effects like The BeatMasher are just static, and there is faint crackling begins a few minutes into the mix. My latency is low (ASIO4ALL), and it's not my speakers, because Traktor still works fine on my old Dell.
    I have tried using:
    - just my laptop -> Speakers
    - laptop -> 4Trak -> Speakers
    - laptop -> APC40 -> Speakers
    - laptop -> APC40 -> EIE Pro -> Speakers

Is it the sound card on the MSI? or maybe drivers?

Any help is appreciated.

Nice machine btw, Is enable multi core processor un-checked?
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Wizard

Thanks

and no, it's checked. I also tried different combinations for the Soundcard, but any combo that produces audio always results in the same static sound after a few minutes... Kinda bummed out cause I haven't mixed in a few weeks

I guess I should start with the basics, you're using a Numark 4Trak right?
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Traktor re-installed? Latency issues can happen over time when TraktorSettings.tsi file get corrupt.

That used to happen to me with the Traktor Audio 6 sound card if I didn't use the power supply and instead trying powering it via USB. Fine for a little bit, then crackling and notice would start after awhile and just get louder and louder until I had to reboot.

Tech Wizard

I will try to re-install and post an update when I get around to it. Hopefully it helps Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrotix View Post
    I'm having a bit of a problem... ;( Various effects are not working in Traktor.
    I'm having the same issue that started last night around the same time! did all the traktor updates that were necessary and a new firmware update on my s4 mk2 and as soon as I did the update the effects are doing the exact thing you just described. I guess I will try downloading traktor also I just hope it wasn't the latest update.

Tech Wizard

I uninstalled all the Native Instruments drivers, programs, and Traktor Pro 2. I re installed it but, the problem is still there. I read that many people are having issues with their 4Trak and Traktor on Windows 8.1. Would that be a problem? I don't see how it could be but I need a solution :O

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    Nice machine btw, Is enable multi core processor un-checked?
    my traktor only works when multi core processing is turned off. I have all my FX pre set on my lap top and the work fine. if you are using a controller try getting the latest updates of traktor pro 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast