Cdj 2000 nexus and rekordbox / serato etc

Default Cdj 2000 nexus and rekordbox / serato etc

Hi all, a few questions with running the two together..

I currently have the 2000 nexus and find exporting music to usb may be unnecessary , generally have my Rekordbox all nicely tagged etc, wondering what router I need to link it wireless to my computer?

Does it have any flaws compared to traktor? I have traktor scratch and for some reason getting some real high pitch feedback when I open it in my MacBook, strange.. Do you still need to scan all your tracks through rekordbox when using traktor?

Seems like I'm not using them to the full yet, the last router I've tried for my current internet had no joy at all, any help would be great cheers

Oh yeah, should probably add, I'm using a djm 800 mixer so maybe missing some Important features of the nexus mixer range

Tech Mentor

im actually PRETTY sure that you cant run rekordbox wirelessly through your computer. youre going to have to connect it via CAT5 cable to a router to use it with your computer.

Just use USB connection. The only thing you are really missing w/o a Nexus mixer is BPM sync to EFX and the "on air" CDJ lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Klubsust View Post
    I currently have the 2000 nexus and find exporting music to usb may be unnecessary , generally have my Rekordbox all nicely tagged etc, wondering what router I need to link it wireless to my computer?
    You can run it wirelessly if you plug the CDJs into a wireless router/switch as opposed to just a wired hub/switch and then connect the laptop to the WLAN.

Amazon, Newegg, OfficeDepot, BestBuy, Monoprice, etc. all sell ones that will work from about $30 to upwards of $500. The difference is quality and features that you (mostly) don't care about. Just make sure it has enough wired LAN (not uplink) ports to connect the CDJs. Also, be sure to set it up correctly (WPA2 encryption with a good passphrase), otherwise anyone around with the rekordbox app on their phone might be able to send music to your CDJs.

Do you still need to scan all your tracks through rekordbox when using traktor?
    No. Traktor and Rekordbox perform essentially the same function.

If you use Rekordbox, you use it to prepare tracks for playback on the CDJs themselves.

If you use Traktor, you use the CDJs to control Traktor, which handles playback.

As far as the issues you're having with Traktor's audio....idk what to say. I haven't experienced that particular problem.

Seems like I'm not using them to the full yet, the last router I've tried for my current internet had no joy at all, any help would be great cheers
    What was the problem and what router is it?

Tech Mentor

Unless you desperately want to pull tracks wirelessly I would recommend a network switch over a router then ethernet to your computer, i've had issues using ethernet through routers for 2000s, since buying switches I've never had one issue.

Something like this is ideal http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NETGEAR-Pr...item1c48f58d26

Tech Mentor

I use this one. It has a power supply, but, I run it from USB line power. Never had a single issue. It is also a switch, and, it's smaller than a deck of cards. Tucks neatly under the CDJ in a road case. A tab of the hook side of velcro and it never moves in the case.

That sounds a plan with the router, that sounds like a route I'll be taking, tried on an ee router and a sky one I think, will look into one of these you's have advised cheers..

So with traktor is it true you lose the waveform display from your decks?

Would half be tempted to go the traktor route for its easyness but wouldn't wanna lose any features, be nice just to say drop 50 tracks straight in and not hadda worry about exporting it too usb before playing which can be real annoying

Tech Mentor

This app works flawlessly for getting TSP files to REK.

Tech Convert

Hi all, a few questions with running the two together..

Does it have any flaws compared to traktor? I have traktor scratch and for some reason getting some real high pitch feedback when I open it in my MacBook, strange.. Do you still need to scan all your tracks through rekordbox when using traktor?

Just my two cents. Have done this and I noticed a few flaws with the suggestions. You do NOT connect to the laptop via USB as one suggested unless you are using Traktor or Serato. For Rekordbox it is via LAN or CAtV. It is NO issue using a wireless router. Purchase one (I got a super cheap neatgear) which has the network switching built in as well as in you can connect the CDJ's, laptop AND Nexus mixer (if you get one) all via LAN cable then you can connect your iOS devices wirelessly.

In terms of the files you will need to analyze no matter what. Even if you use an importer like Rekord Buddy (which I FULLY recommend) which will take care of importing ALL your cue points, track info, tags, keys etc.............. EVEN folders & playlists you STILL need to analyze.