pioneer DJM 800 traktor A6 interface
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default pioneer DJM 800 traktor A6 interface

are the faders in a pioneer DJM 800 standard analog resistance faders? did you notice the latency issues with the main in and out with the traktor A6?

Tech Mentor

Im not too sure what you are asking here. The faders on the 800 are analog and if you are using the A6 to mix externally in Traktor, they really have no connection to the computer at all. The audio is running through the A6 via the RCA outs which means there is no type of digital/computer data running through the mixer.

Default oh

the pioneer DJM 800 is a digital mixer. it actually converts analog to digital. 96khrtz

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dj max bradley View Post
    are the faders in a pioneer DJM 800 standard analog resistance faders? did you notice the latency issues with the main in and out with the traktor A6?
    I just had a quick look at the DJM800 and it doesnt appear to have any analog controls in the signal path.

From the manual: The analog signal from the player passes through the shortest signal route, first digitized at 24bit/96kHz through a pro A/D converter where it reaches the digital mixing stage with the best sound possible..

So yes in theory this should add latency to Traktor as you are adding another ADC conversion stage. But wether that latency is a problem is entirely up to your rig and your play style.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The latency introduced by soundcards is down to the Drivers / Software / CPU rather than the components inside them, a stage you will skip inside a mixer.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

did you notice the latency
    I doubt anyone can hear/notice the latency - it's too small to even consider in my opinion.

Default main in out

when you run your mixer back into the main imput of your A6 for recording if you put the the main out to the amp and try to mix there is a latency making it so you cant dj. set up properly traktor pro 2 has no latency even when set up to 1024 samples process buffer and 4 mila seconds USB buffer. what I am trying to do is use the main in and out for a FX send?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    The latency introduced by soundcards is down to the Drivers / Software / CPU rather than the components inside them, a stage you will skip inside a mixer.
    In a digital mixer, there is latency introduced by the conversion from sound input to digital, then sound output to analog.

I can see an edge case where a turntablist using dvs can notice the added latency in really fast cuts, but I doubt it's a problem in practice.

when you run your mixer back into the main imput of your A6 for recording if you put the the main out to the amp and try to mix there is a latency making it so you cant dj. set up properly traktor pro 2 has no latency even when set up to 1024 samples process buffer and 4 mila seconds USB buffer. what I am trying to do is use the main in and out for a FX send?
    What you said is factually incorrect. It translates to "traktor has no latency when set up for a 1024 sample buffer and a 4ms UBS buffer" is equivalent to saying 0 = 27.22.

The reason you're hearing more latency is the buffers and processing you're using for the send, not the DJM-800.
    Last edited by mostapha; 11-16-2014 at 06:02 PM.

um I do not know what to say. even while you turn up the latency while using controller vinyl and a A6 there is no difference. i am good at beat matching and i here nothing. traktor and serato are the same. it does not mater how you set them up when you touch the record it instantly moves the track in the computer. that's why they are so cool. they have that transition between vinyl to digital. the reason why i was hearing my headphones before my speakers was because the headphones were pre to the main out on the A6 witch does have latency.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast