What should I buy DDJ-SX2 or Kontrol S8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I use my sx2 with traktor. Get the sx2.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Unless I'm missing something, you can but it takes another audio interface.

It looks like I'm missing something.

Tech Wizard

I just found out that the S8 is not mappable if that affects your decision. I get why, the screens and functions are very complicated, but it's a shame.

If Pionner bring out an SX/SZ with screens and possibly usb ports that would be awesome, but probably very expensive.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    I use my sx2 with traktor. Get the sx2.
    Hellmaster how do you find midi mapping with it? Is it laggy changing controls? Do you use the soundcard built in with traktor. More info please.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by espender View Post
    I just found out that the S8 is not mappable if that affects your decision. I get why, the screens and functions are very complicated, but it's a shame.

If Pionner bring out an SX/SZ with screens and possibly usb ports that would be awesome, but probably very expensive.
    That concerns me that it's not mappable. Always great to be able to customise.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by espender View Post
    S8 native mapping is bit more complex than 8 Mods and 2 Conditionals.

The SX 2 can be used without an audio interface in tTraktor. You just canot use it for DVS without a registry edit. If you are using it for pure mixing, you dont need DVS anyway. When you select the SX2 as the soundcard, Traktor even automatically sets up the routing for you. Pioneer has the TSI on their website as well.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Weird. The SX doesn't appear to do that. Either that or I was already using it with an audio interface (originally I just used it as a mixer and ignored the controls) and just never tried.

ah. Yeah Pioneer has provided the mapping for the sx original for ages now and the sx 2 now. I love using it with traktor man. Serato is nice, but you can just get funky crazy customizing your mapping in traktor.

Tech Mentor

Yep. Being able to map your own gear is a great plus. You never have to worry if your favorite piece of gear is compatible. You just make it your bitch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast