MF3D CC for color changes are wrong in pdf manual.

Default MF3D CC for color changes are wrong in pdf manual.

I'm using MAX 7 to send midi data to the MF3D to change the ring colors. However the color codes in the manual do not match up to what I get in real life.

For example the manual says that sending note 48 a CC value of 80 should turn the first button ring color to bright yellow. In reality the ring color changes to dark teal. Sending CC values for animations do absolutely nothing.

The color codes actually resemble what is given in the Midi Fighter Spectra manual even though I do not have the Spectra.

The manual I am looking for is at : http://www.djtechtools.com/downloads...%20TRAKTOR.pdf

Thanks.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The latest 3D firmware changed the values used to enable compatibility between 3D and Spectra mappings, that's why the Spectra values are working for you. If you prefer the old way all you need to do is load the Legacy firmware from the MF Utility.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    The latest 3D firmware changed the values used to enable compatibility between 3D and Spectra mappings, that's why the Spectra values are working for you. If you prefer the old way all you need to do is load the Legacy firmware from the MF Utility.
    Thank you. it's working now. It would be nice if the manual was updated to keep other people from bashing their heads in with an outdated manual. Also, the Spectra manual states that channel 4 is the animation state receiving channel but it's really just whatever you pick in the utility + 1.

EG. if you set the communication channel to channel #2 in the midifighter config utility, send your animation commands on channel #3.