Soundproofing Raver Ste's outhouse studio
    Tech Mentor

Default Soundproofing Raver Ste's outhouse studio

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I posted a thread about turning my shed into a studio ages ago but now i am doing the sound proofing, i need ideas !! and please i dont need any ideas on security i have 4 big locks and my 2 dogs sleep in there until i get alarms cameras etc.

my idea was to just lath the wall up and use sound plasterboard for the walls,ceiling and to plasterboard over 3 of the windows also to replace the door. my dad said he thinks it would be just as good to build a room in a room with blocks which sounds good too. my dad is a skilled trades man so im all for ideas. as you can see in the pics that the shed is a mess with a muti gym in there and speakers on speakers this is just temporary. im looking to spend about 300 to 400 £ on the sound proofing. i know its not going to completely mute it buts its going to help.
    im open to any ideas please suggest some thanks !

I bet most of the people that read the title thought, In the US at least an Outhouse is the bathroom. So you can imagine someone looking for advice to turn their bathroom into a studio.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    I bet most of the people that read the title thought, In the US at least an Outhouse is the bathroom.

I thought the same thing.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

cover and secure those windows well.

Tech Mentor

Lol where I'm from people call a brick shed an outhouse

Tech Mentor

I just done a rough estimate and its going to cost me over a grand if i done it like this built a room inside a room with sound isolation blocks and then used sound plaster board aswell. surely there must be a cheaper way i dont need to completely mute it just so im not annoying any neighbors when im playing really loud.

Tech Wizard

Is the sound mostly coming through the windows? Couldn't you just use sound isolation/absorbent on the windows if you didn't mind losing the light?

This is too flippin awesome! I wish I had an "out house"