article "creative ways to use traktor remix decks" : mapping and content downloads

Default article "creative ways to use traktor remix decks" : mapping and content downloads

Hello guys,
    reading that article http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/11/0...a-real-dj-set/
    I jumped on the occasion to download the zip file containing the mapping and .trak files (remix sets) provided.

However one of the .trak files (ean's sequencer drum kit) is not usable for me.
    I import the trak file, it's been added to my collection but if I load it in a traktor remix deck, all the slots are empty and all the samples that make that remix set are shown as 'missing' inside traktor (right after importing the .trak file).
    I used the windows' research fucntion to find any presence of those specific sample files on my computer but get no results. Strangely enough the .trak file is around 5mo so I suppose the samples are indeed within the file.

Any help on this? Is the file corrupted (eventually) or is it a mistake on my part (and in that case, any bright idea would help as guidance).

Thanks a lot for your help (between other things)

Take care.
    Last edited by Yul; 11-19-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Just tried it on my end and works fine (on a mac tho). I repacked and uploaded the .trak file, maybe it will fix it for you.

Cool, I appreciate that and the quick answer. Thanks (I almost sent you a kiss but then I remembered the 'mustache' so I keep that to me for the moment).

So I downloaded it again, same process, same results. I get the remix set entry, but it's "empty", all the samples are referenced but showned as missing. The Content Import file (where the samples from a remix set are stored) is empty; The strange thing is I see Traktor analysing the samples just after the import. The other .trak file from the original download kit is there without issue so why this specific one?
    I must admit I don't have a clue.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

I tried importing another .trak file (one from the newsletter) and no, didn't get any issue whatsoever.
    Doesn't matter it's not a big deal.
    If you could do me a favor Padi please (another actually, and I may rethink that kiss-kiss mustache issue if that may tempt you), could you send to me the related content import folder of this remix set please (path should be drive/music/traktor/content import/the file) ?
    I'll get the samples and then re import the trak file, with a bit of chance they will fill themselves in and if they don't, I'll just re arrange them in another order within a new renamed remix set.

I'm just really curious why is this happening.

Thxs again for the helping hand
    Latest mix

I could, but will I?

Oh yes, thanks a lot
    You're a star.

mustache-club-funny-club-mustache-demotivational-poster-1274940389.jpg

edit: that worked. Cheers.
    Last edited by Yul; 11-21-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    Latest mix

Glad to hear that!

For the record, I'm rocking a beard now