Xone 92 Mixer getting warm
    Tech Wizard

Default Xone 92 Mixer getting warm

Hello!

I'm seeing if anyone else is having this problem.

I bought my mixer about 4 months ago used from a local supply store and noticing that the mixer itself starts to get pretty warm after about 40 mins of use.

There is plenty of room around the mixer to allow for airflow as it sits on top of a table. This is my first high end mixer purchase so I'm not sure if this is normal.

Thanks!

-A

How warm?

All electronics generate some heat. My 62 got pretty warm and never had an actual problem, but there's a big difference between warm and hot.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    How warm?

All electronics generate some heat. My 62 got pretty warm and never had an actual problem, but there's a big difference between warm and hot.
    Mine gets pretty damn hot. I had a burned out PSU PCB a year ago that was replaced and it's still running really hot. I've taken to not using it in Summer pretty much, and not leaving on for more than a few hours at a time, and taking a small desktop fan to gigs to face onto it

Inquiring with A&H and the authorised service center I took to last year for PSU PCB replacement. Have to open mine up now it's been a year since repair to see if the same issue has occurred again with the new PSU PCB. Hopefully more than 12 months warranty, at least in Australia.

All my gear gets hot.

Because I bring THE HEAT!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    All my gear gets hot.

Because I bring THE HEAT!!!
    LOL.

Por serio tho. Ambient temperature plays a large role in circuit temperature. Even though you have a fan on it and it is well ventilated, you still need to take into effect the ambient temp of the room or space which the mixer resides in.

That being said, it is pretty normal for most audio equipment to get pretty warm. There is a lot going on under the hood. If it makes you feel better, the average auto PCM (in engine bay) will have operating temps in the 160-180 F range and they last decades. Dont stress about your audio gear getting hot. As long as that faceplate isn't hot to the touch, you should be good to go.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6