iTunes Connect / Publishing Podcasts

Default iTunes Connect / Publishing Podcasts

My first question is, do you need an iTunes Connect account to submit podcasts on iTunes?
    My second question is, how to I enabled my Apple ID account?
    My third question is, is it free?

I'm asking in this forum because I know some of you have previously posted podcasts on iTunes.

I already know how to create a feed so I can publish a podcast on iTunes. When I try to submit it, it gives me an error message. I e-mailed iTunes support and they told to "contact publisher support" by logging into my iTunes Connect account. I don't have an iTunes Connect account, but I tried to log in using my Apple ID and it says My Apple ID isn't enable for iTunes Connect.
    Last edited by robbyluca; 11-20-2014 at 06:02 PM.

The answer to your first question is nope.

I've submitted several feeds to iTunes before with no hassle. The problem could be an issue with your feed itself, try using a podcast feed validator (google it) to check for errors before submitting.

Also note that it takes a while for the podcast to show up after submitting (couple days at most), podcasting is probably the least prioritised thing at Apple HQ.

How do you submit a feed? I want to make podcasts and get rid of my Soundcloud account. I am a mobile DJ and I have some clients that want to hear some sample mixes. I was told there is a good number of wedding DJ's in my market that don't beat mix... I find it surprising especially here in Chicago... I mean what the heck do these DJ's do between songs?

I have googled it, and everything seems really complicated... Surely there has to be a way that is much simpler.

Get a free account on podomatic, podbean or similar. they do all that for you.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

All my problems have been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyv View Post
    How do you submit a feed? I want to make podcasts and get rid of my Soundcloud account. I am a mobile DJ and I have some clients that want to hear some sample mixes. I was told there is a good number of wedding DJ's in my market that don't beat mix... I find it surprising especially here in Chicago... I mean what the heck do these DJ's do between songs?

I have googled it, and everything seems really complicated... Surely there has to be a way that is much simpler.
    It seems complicated, but after you submit it, it's really easy and simple.
    I just followed the instructions on this site. Step by step.
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2013/11...itunes-part-3/

Also, djtechtools posted this... I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/05/1...t-onto-itunes/

sweet!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "