s4 jog wheels instant play on release

Angry s4 jog wheels instant play on release

is there any way i can get my jog wheals to instantly start playing a scratch sample when i release the jog wheal the problem i have is if i release the jog and the wheal is still spinning it wont instantly start playing it waits till the jog stops spinning before the sample will play thanks for your help

Tech Mentor

try this:
    add this command twice (for each jog)

jog turn > direct= 0 > check invert

and set them to the midi notes for each jog touch!
    Last edited by c0nsul; 11-22-2014 at 08:27 PM.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c0nsul View Post
    try this:
    add this command twice (for each jog)

jog turn > direct= 0 > check invert

and set them to the midi notes for each jog touch!
    +1

You might also want to check "Override Factory Map" if you're altering native (default) mapping to achieve this functionality.

The s4 being boring, actually that's just not correct, you'll have to remap all functions related to jogs for all decks/sides, and all modifiers corresponding to the native states like the browser mode..which means the copy mode, and that's not doable. Your mapping will be wrong in the end.

Instead when you release the jog, just tap with your other hand slightly on the side of the jog to stop it spinning, example (0:59)

Or, you'll need to erase most the function related to the browse mode (ie, almost all decks controls, for all sides/decks) which is a pain in the ass (and you'll loose the copy mode anyway as you can't replicate it).
    Last edited by Yul; 11-25-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.