Hooking up for the first time
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hooking up for the first time

Hello "A" team. I have just eally gotten into DJ'ing. I actueally have almost every song for every venue, and DJ's often get their music from me. So one asked me why don't I do some small parties myself. I live music and I have most anybody. Well, I went and got a Hercules DL air pro, a 1000 watt amp. two 1200 watt speakers and I have been practicing with some small speakers hooked to my laptop, and it turns out I figured it out and I'm pretty good with beat matching, bringing music in etc. But my problem is how do I hook all of this up. I got a pretty good idea but I want to be sure. From my laptop I have hooked to my mixer its a USB port. I also have a External 5.1 USB 3D Audio Sound Card Adapter for PC Desktop Notebook Laptop. How do i get my mixer hooked to my amp, and my amp hooked to my speakers. There is only a small plug for some speakers that I am using now to practice in the front of the mixer and a large port that I have my headphones hooked to. Those are the only places to insert into the mixer. HHHEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

I'm guessing here...mixer outs to sound card ins. (likely RCA) Sound card outs to amp. (maybe RCA? Maybe balanced - TRS/XLR?) Amp main outs to speakers. (probably XLR/TRS)
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Banned

Yeah your sound card must have an output on it.
    You can then go straight to the amp but I actually use an extra mixer on mine where you can plug in mics that might be useful and you can set your master volume there.

Default still kinda lost

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I'm guessing here...mixer outs to sound card ins. (likely RCA) Sound card outs to amp. (maybe RCA? Maybe balanced - TRS/XLR?) Amp main outs to speakers. (probably XLR/TRS)
    my mixer does not have all of the ins and outs that i have seen on many. There are only 2 ways to plug anything up to it. There is the very small input that is just like the two on the side of the laptop that show mic or earphones. Its just like those, and it has a large hole in the other side that I plug my headphones to listen at what it being played and what I'm getting ready to play. No more places to hook up anything. The only other cord is the one coming from the mixer, which is a USB which I plug into the laptop.

Banned

Your mixer (not really a mixer at all, it's a dj controller) doesn't have a sound card so there is no master out, just the headphones. Your external sound card unit should have an out on it which you need to either directly plug into your amp or into a 2nd mixer.

I remember the first time I hoked up. Her name was Adriana Barone. Mm
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    I remember the first time I hoked up. Her name was Adriana Barone. Mm
    Yeah, I remember her too. :P
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Banned

8fc22c9568cce7d57c08887624f86407.jpg
    First person googled under that name. You guys got some fetishes. ghilf gramma hippies I'd.........

@ JAF, that's some ageist shit right there and why, oh why are you posting pictures of my first hook up, my 4th grade teacher, Miss Barone?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Thanks JaF, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this. The others that I give music to have these GREAT BIG set-ups that really confuse me as they try to explain over the phone, they live in other states. Still lost because I understand what you are saying but I do not have these ports to just plug into, it seems that I need a bunch of converters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast