A&H Xone 4D not initially detected in windows 8.1 each session. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A lot of problems with USB midi in windows 8.1 ... Your mixer ran fine in windows 7, so i would suggest ditching 8.1, i did.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    A lot of problems with USB midi in windows 8.1 ... Your mixer ran fine in windows 7, so i would suggest ditching 8.1, i did.
    There really isnt Jester. The problems with Windows 8.1 are massively overblown outside of the industry. In reality in the industry, theres very few problems with it. Ive got several midi devices that I change between Win 7 and win 8 computers, Ive never had a single problem.

It could be Windows, sure but he still hasnt even ruled out the mixer, which is the quickest job to do before reinstalling windows.

True, i thought i would give the OP benefit of the doubt in regards to trying different computers
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

True, i thought i would give the OP benefit of the doubt in regards to trying different computers
    Ive never seen a driver problem cause a cold machine to not be recognised.

First time for everything I guess.

For sure yep, i would say the usb port is looking like the culprit on this one.

Tech Guru

For sure yep, i would say the usb port is looking like the culprit on this one.
    Im really not sure. If the USB chipset on the pc was this hosed, it would very likely manifest itself in other ways, not just on this device.

The exception to this is if the USB port cant put out enough voltage. What this has to do with the mixer being cold (if thats not just a coincidence) is the puzzler.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Im really not sure. If the USB chipset on the pc was this hosed, it would very likely manifest itself in other ways, not just on this device.

The exception to this is if the USB port cant put out enough voltage. What this has to do with the mixer being cold (if thats not just a coincidence) is the puzzler.
    Maybe something to do with the caps being charged after a few mins if the voltage is tool low ? ... Well until the OP tries a different PC we'll never know
    Last edited by deevey; 11-24-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Tech Mentor

same problems with my tower (amd 64 3500) as well as my laptop. (intel core i7)

once I do get the mixer recognised, I can hot swap my mixer between both no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by djrickdawson View Post
    tried all usb ports on my laptop.
    for fucks sake -> usb port on the mixer!
    probably a bad solder point
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

My Xone 3D is running fine on Windows 8.1 and I think the driver is from Windows 7.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast