setup:
    2013 macbook with latest updates
    8gbs RAM
    quadcore
    750gb HD

traktor scratch pro2, latest updates

(40,000 songs large library)

cdj800 mk2's

when i do long sets, after 3-4 hours, my timecode vinyl has a delay. my only solution right now is restart the traktor and turn off cdj's and fire them back up. i always leave a ipod plugged into a channel to by time. not the best solution, but all i have at this point.

i bought new cdj's and i'm ditching traktor and a computer all together because too many variables, but i would like to know if anyone has this issue.

i used an S4 for 3 years and never had issues. and 2 years with the same computer.

I'm wondering if it's the computer, or just the old CDJ's screwing up the timecode signal or something. anyone have this issue? i don't want to sell the cdj's to someone and have them tell me they are busted. honest salesman here

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elseanjuan View Post
    setup:
    2013 macbook with latest updates
    8gbs RAM
    quadcore
    750gb HD

traktor scratch pro2, latest updates

(40,000 songs large library)

cdj800 mk2's

when i do long sets, after 3-4 hours, my timecode vinyl has a delay. my only solution right now is restart the traktor and turn off cdj's and fire them back up. i always leave a ipod plugged into a channel to by time. not the best solution, but all i have at this point.

i bought new cdj's and i'm ditching traktor and a computer all together because too many variables, but i would like to know if anyone has this issue.

i used an S4 for 3 years and never had issues. and 2 years with the same computer.

I'm wondering if it's the computer, or just the old CDJ's screwing up the timecode signal or something. anyone have this issue? i don't want to sell the cdj's to someone and have them tell me they are busted. honest salesman here
    Which Traktor soundcard are you using?

Tech Mentor

is Master Tempo turned off on the CDJ's? cause that effects the time code signal. It should be off

Yup, master tempo is turned off. I contacted ni, they told me to just turn everything off and turn back on. Not so easy in the middle of playing...

Djm850 for sound card

That's really strange.

Have you tried re-calibrating the timecode instead of restarting traktor?

I haven't tried it, but my gig the other day, traktor actually had a mini glitch and it stopped the music for 2 seconds and then started playing but the timecode was delayed when the music kicked back in. Turned on the iPod and restarted the computer to fix it. Very scary. Never happened before

Though I did a 4-5 hour set with timecode vinyl and I didn't have any issues, so maybe it is just the CDj's? I tried different copies of the timecode cd's, still same glitch

I wonder if there's just a memory leak or corruption issue in the CDJs.....

One other thing to check would be to see if re-loading the timecode file on the CDJ would help.

I'm not sure what's causing that issue, so I have no idea how to eliminate it. I haven't used CDJ timecode all that much (because I don't get the point), but if you can just reboot the CDJ, reload the timecode file, and/or recalibrate the timecode signal....that should at least let you keep playing without having to switch to the iPod.

Unfortunately, it seems like this isn't the easiest thing to test, since it takes a while to crop up.

Ya totally, I hear what you're saying. Thanks for the help! This is another reason why I'm ditching timecode. Just using rekordbox with a USB stick once the new gear ships. Trying to eliminate things that aren't "totally" meant to work together. Rekordbox allows me full control of the cdj and a good browse window. Just trying to figure out if this was a common problem

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elseanjuan View Post
    Yup, master tempo is turned off. I contacted ni, they told me to just turn everything off and turn back on. Not so easy in the middle of playing...

Djm850 for sound card
    Thats not support, thats telling you to sod off. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Thats not support, thats telling you to sod off. Disappointing.
    haha i don't see it that way. i use ever medium of DJing, each has their benefit! gave me good tips for possibly solving the issue. and i appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast