Warming up for a techno night
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Warming up for a techno night

Hey guys, not posted in absolutely AGES! But this place was always a trustworthy site to visit when you have a few question!

Anyway, I'm warming up on a techno night in a few weeks (can't wait). But it's my 1st time playing techno out! Normally I play house, and I find warming up for a house night fairly simple!

Now I listen to a sh*t load of techno, mainly the stuff you'd want to hear around 3-4am when everyones heads are rolling off but I'm here really to see if you guys have any good tune suggestions on what would be appropriate to start the night off!

I'll start it off!

I picked this up has some gems on it Late Night Techno, Vol. 2 by Various Artists
    https://itun.es/ca/gpSm3

Tech Mentor

I'd go deep house (like Dennis Ferrer, not Tchami/Oliver Heldens). This is the set he warmed up Sensation with a couple of years ago.

Tech Wizard

What people call Techno these days is actually House anyway so I wouldn't worry!

Just stick some early Drumcode (pre 2000) on with Adam Beyer hammering nails into your skull and give 'em some educatin'!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    I'd go deep house (like Dennis Ferrer, not Tchami/Oliver Heldens). This is the set he warmed up Sensation with a couple of years ago.

Dennis Ferrer wouldn't be appropriate for a techno night at all!

Maybe if I played some tech house it'd be suitable

Depends on the type of deep house actually. I could see a lot of the more underground deep stuff blending quite well in a techno set, and I've seen it a few times when my buddies spin at a little lounge in town.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

Erm, well I'm not really looking for deep house tunes to warm up a techno night. I've never been to a night aimed specifically at techno and heard the dj play deep house?

Fred P, some Omar S, Kyle Hall, Anton Zap, etc. would fit in nicely for a techno opening set IMO.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Guru

Depends on the night. Just play some rolling techno just keep the energy level down a touch.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyDave View Post
    What people call Techno these days is actually House anyway so I wouldn't worry!

Just stick some early Drumcode (pre 2000) on with Adam Beyer hammering nails into your skull and give 'em some educatin'!
    Honestly the same was true in the early 90s! That said I have a bunch of those drumcode and code red records.

minimal and dubby stuff always works well, a lot of house and deep house also works well, especially stuff in a Detroit vein. You can't go wrong with Robert Hood!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast