traktor Audio 2 interface or traktor konrol z1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default traktor Audio 2 interface or traktor konrol z1

some times I want to mix with just a laptop and a dj mixer with traktor. I have a traktor audio 6 that I can do it with already. if I wanted to spend some money and get a traktor audio 2 or the traktor kontrol Z1 witch should I get. I want to be able to just throw my mixer and my laptop in a back pack and head out.

the mixer I have has more features than the kontrol Z1 but it does not have the browser. I guess what im looking for is feed back on sound quality and things like crashing and other problems?

Tech Mentor

I would go with the Z1 and the X1Mk2. That fits in a back back and gives you just about everything you need to DJ with, and you won't need to carry your bigger mixer. Or if you want to use your mixer, then go with the Audio 2. Either way you go, the X1mk2 is a must have with either setup. It makes it a whole lot easier to DJ with and you won't ever have to use your mouse. I own the Z1/X1mk2 setup and it's a joy to DJ with.

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    I would go with the Z1 and the X1Mk2. That fits in a back back and gives you just about everything you need to DJ with, and you won't need to carry your bigger mixer. Or if you want to use your mixer, then go with the Audio 2. Either way you go, the X1mk2 is a must have with either setup. It makes it a whole lot easier to DJ with and you won't ever have to use your mouse. I own the Z1/X1mk2 setup and it's a joy to DJ with.
    I was on the native instruments sight. the X1 does loops FX and cueing and the z1 mixes them? would the X1 work with a A6?

The Z1, by itself, does not have play buttons or any other transport controls. It also doesn't have a browse control or any encoders to map one. So, I'm not sure what you were saying unless you're talking about the Z2.

The X1 does not have an audio interface, and it's default mapping is not set up to actually mix things. You could map it to do so, but you'd be mixing with a detent in your channel volume control, you'd either lose effects control or have to deal with layers, and you still wouldn't be able to cue anything without carrying around an audio interface.

I think x1+z1 is the simplest and cheapest way to do what you want. Sound quality is not bad. By the numbers, it's output is hotter and less noisy than the A6. There are several people on this forum that absolutely swear by that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    The Z1, by itself, does not have play buttons or any other transport controls. It also doesn't have a browse control or any encoders to map one. So, I'm not sure what you were saying unless you're talking about the Z2.

The X1 does not have an audio interface, and it's default mapping is not set up to actually mix things. You could map it to do so, but you'd be mixing with a detent in your channel volume control, you'd either lose effects control or have to deal with layers, and you still wouldn't be able to cue anything without carrying around an audio interface.

I think x1+z1 is the simplest and cheapest way to do what you want. Sound quality is not bad. By the numbers, it's output is hotter and less noisy than the A6. There are several people on this forum that absolutely swear by that setup.
    yah I misunderstood the cue section. im talking about the z1. I want to mix with the z1 and cue, add FX, and make loops with the x1. is that possible?

Yes it's absolutely possible. X1 & Z1 give you everything you have said you need.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Yes it's absolutely possible. X1 & Z1 give you everything you have said you need.
    if I were using a X1 and a A6 with control vinyl would it work? I know I would not be using the cue functions on the X1.

Yes, you could do that. You'd set Traktor to internal mixing with the TTs going into it and use it's headphone output. All the controls on the Z1 would work exactly as they're marked.

I have an X1 mk2, Z1, and F1 and pretty much love them. There's a midi map on DJTT that lets you use the Z1 to control 4 channels that's pretty useful too.

The only problems I have are that the X1 mk2's touch sensitive knobs become loose and won't stay on. I've read that Chroma Caps don't have this problem, the only thing is that the Chroma Caps aren't touch sensitive. It's not a big thing, but I kind of like the touch sensitivity (even though I don't really use it.)

In the end I fixed it by using some thread seal tape. I may look at Chroma Caps eventually though.

I would kind of like a way to attach the Kontrol units together to form a single unit though. Just a silly thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    I have an X1 mk2, Z1, and F1 and pretty much love them. There's a midi map on DJTT that lets you use the Z1 to control 4 channels that's pretty useful too.

The only problems I have are that the X1 mk2's touch sensitive knobs become loose and won't stay on. I've read that Chroma Caps don't have this problem, the only thing is that the Chroma Caps aren't touch sensitive. It's not a big thing, but I kind of like the touch sensitivity (even though I don't really use it.)

In the end I fixed it by using some thread seal tape. I may look at Chroma Caps eventually though.

I would kind of like a way to attach the Kontrol units together to form a single unit though. Just a silly thought.
    I think I will just use my DJM 800 and my A6. i have all the FX mapped out on my key board already just no knobs. actually the DJM 800 is fully mapable with midi i should make a post to find out about that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast