Traktor stopped recognizing Spectra as F1 for remix deck control
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor stopped recognizing Spectra as F1 for remix deck control

Hey guys, For some reason Traktor stopped recognizing my MF Spectra as an F1 remix deck controller. It used to give me the four square button option to select which deck I want to control, but nope. Under the in port/out port it gives me the option of "none". Hitting "restore" only makes the F1 selection in controller manager disappear. I've followed the setup guide and flashed the remix deck mode in the utility and can't seem to get Traktor to recognize the MF. My midi mappings all seem to work fine.

Any suggestions?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Roll back to 2.6.8 or try with an older driver. 2.7 changed a bit the way the hacked worked in Win 8.1 and prevents it from being properly detected. We are on it.

I see. I haven't messed with the remix decks since I updated to 2.7. After I had some issues with 2.7, I switched back to 2.6.7. I tried reinstalling the F1 driver and it still hasn't fixed my problem (Last F1 driver update was in 2012). I'm sure you are correct about the problem being an issue with the update because it worked fine up until then, but I'm not entirely sure what to do now...
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Any update on this? I'm running Win 7 and the latest Traktor version. Having the same problem.

Tech Convert

Hey, I got the same problem. I was using the remix decks a few months ago with my spectra and then updated to 2.7.
    Traktor didnt recognized my spectra as remix decks anymore since although i reinstalled Windows, Traktor and all drivers multiple times. I also installed traktor on my Surface with win 8.1. and it worked until I rebooted. Afterwards there was no recognition of my spectra in traktor as remix decks anymore on my surface.

Sry I couldnt help

Same here, no F1 or HID mode with my MF3D since updating to 2.7.1
    DJ Rig: Vestax VCI-400, NanoKontrol2, MidiFighter 3D, saxophone, SoftStep, Korg Monotron
    Studio/PA Rig: Remote SL MKii, BCR-2000, MBox3 Pro
    Laptop: HP HDX 16 custom / 3 Ghz / 6 GB / Win7 64 bit
    Software: Ableton 8.2.7, Traktor Pro 2.5, JackRouter 3.4.1 Audition CS5, Resolume Arena
    Soundcloud - Facebook

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You guys can use this Spectra mapping to control the Remix Decks: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1681
    Also available for the MF3D: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/3770
    Last edited by Stewe; 12-11-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Tech Wizard

Still no word on this? I like the current Traktor version, and can't use my Spectra the way I would like, I also had mappings set up.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zephry View Post
    Still no word on this? I like the current Traktor version, and can't use my Spectra the way I would like, I also had mappings set up.
    What mappings have you used on top of HID? Perhaps we could try to re-build the same thing with MIDI?

I ended up formatting my computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast