no headphones?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no headphones?

Default no headphones?

ive learned everything on my se without using headphones. i feel like i dont have to use them at gigs. i know my tracks well enough. but i seem to hear a lot of people saying they cant go without. just wondering if anyone else goes headphoneless? i find them a lil restricting (I like to move while im playing )
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

bay area, California. København, Danmark.

ha no i don't use them either. also knowing all my songs pretty well. but sometimes I think it would be good for me to play things I don't know to well or don't feel totally comfortable with. expand a little. so im considering getting a pair.

I know when im just messing around with all my EDM i normally dont use headphones.

However when it comes to gigs i have to cause i dont know that many songs.

BTW so were on the same track, by GIG i mean... An event where i get hired to DJ (Wedding, Backyard, ect...)
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    ive learned everything on my se without using headphones. i feel like i dont have to use them at gigs. i know my tracks well enough. but i seem to hear a lot of people saying they cant go without. just wondering if anyone else goes headphoneless? i find them a lil restricting (I like to move while im playing )

I spent years mixing from a system with only one output, so I got really good at syncing tracks quickly. I listen to old mixtapes and can hear the out-of-phase beginnings but nobody else heard them. I'm retraining myself to sync on headphones them mix through, but I still end up with the crossfader stuck in the middle as I start my tracks most of the time.

So no, you don't *need* headphones to cue on.
    But you can learn to use them to your advantage if you have them.

i use headphones because i do a lot of in track mixing and remixing on the fly.

i know a lot of serato users go phoneless because the beat matching with the colors on the beats - sometimes i wish traktor had something similar, but alas...
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh

headphoneless? never! it simply takes all your creativity away, you cant mix those old recorded mp3's that you just cant beatgrid. you cant suddenly play that samlpe or loop you got inspired to by the other track. you cant play back to back with anyone. as ryan says intrack mixing is gonna be hard aswell. and i could go on...

in my humble oppinion, headphones are absolutley vital for a good dj performance!
    Last edited by VoOFA; 08-21-2008 at 05:50 PM.
    deephouse mix click here
    bangin' house mix click here
    VCI-100SE arcade button mod pictures here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

How do you key match?
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I cue far less than I thought I would when I finally got a sound card that supported that. At home I never bother, playing out its handy if your going to be mixing tunes you dont know that well, and for finding a certain points in tracks etc that you dont have marked.

Quote Originally Posted by steveboyett View Post
    How do you key match?
    i just knwo which tracks sound good with others. if i feel like a song will sound good with the current one playing, i just jam it on. ive never used any form of key matching, i just listen
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

wow is sound good but imagine that u put the song in the wrong time or at the wrong moment that would be a - point for u but if u think is better not to use the headphones :thumps up:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast