Problem connecting DJ mixer to audio interface.

Question Problem connecting DJ mixer to audio interface.

Problem here. Just bought a DJM 900SRT so I can start using my old turntables again. Also bought a Komplete Audio 6 interface so that I can produce using my laptop. I tried connecting everything together so that I can go back and forth from mixing to producing or incorporate both in my projects. The problem is that when i hook everything up together I get no sound from the turntables. I can hear the vinyl fine when I hook the mixer up straight to my monitors, just not when I have it hooked up to the the Komplete audio 6. The way i connected it was: DJM 900SRT "Main OUT" to Komplete Audio 6 IN Channel 1/2 (This is via XLR cables), then Komplete Audio 6 OUT to the monitors In. I thought this might have something to do with the fact that the DJM 900SRT has its own internal sound card. The Komplete audio 6 has indicating lights for when a signal is detected and with the mixer hooked up these lights are out, so it seems that it's not even detecting the mixer. Everything between the turntables and mixer is hooked up correctly, as I said without the audio interface everything was working fine. Can anyone help?

Tech Wizard

So you're trying to pass the signal through your Komplete 6? Is it plugged in while you're trying to do this? I think they're bus powered so won't pass a signal through unless connected, and computers don't generally like having 2 sound cards connected at the same time.

Why not just remove the Komplete 6, plug your monitors into the back of your mixer, and use the DJM soundcard for producing too? As long as you keep the levels out of the red the sound is pretty decent.