Helping the DJs

Thread: Helping the DJs

Default Helping the DJs

Hi everyone! I thought I'd post about this non-profit I discovered - 'Pay The DJ' http://www.paythedj.org

Their mission is to help DJs being respected and to tackle the problems of inadequate pay checks. I showed my support for the cause and thought you might want to do it too.

Cheers!

Banned

I don't know man, reading down on page you link it says that attendees should help but not getting their names on the list. Well I know a lot of DJs who actually get $3~$5 bucks for each and every person on their list. Different countries and such but still, no guest lists in a club will help get DJs paid? Nonsense.

Tech Guru

This is ridiculous.

DJing is a business, not a Tee Ball game where everyone wins a prize.

Banned

A promoter skipped out on a friend and didn'T pay him 2k, wonder if he should sign up

Tech Wizard

Not a fan. It's up to you as an artist to decide how much you are worth and are going to get paid.

I have a "what I want to play for" amount and "what I will play for" amount. If the person hiring me has a problem with my rate, then I ask them what their budget is. If I choose not to play for that, I direct them to somebody that will.

I also have the luxury of working closely with various bands... and view myself as a "band" when I am getting hired. Every person hiring me gets a contract, and I won't play if they don't agree to it.