Best headphone? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which headphones should I get?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pioneer HDJ-2000

0 0%
  • Sennheiser HD-25

7 87.50%
  • V-MODA Crossfade M-100

0 0%
  • Beats Mixr

1 12.50%
  • ATH-M50x

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best headphone?

Tech Mentor

I didn't create the thread, drewjonn did

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by atontheproton View Post
    Seems a tad like this guy just wants to be to be spoonfed and told what to buy instead of going out and testing. Knowing which headphones are good is one thing but knowing which headphones are good for "you" is a totally different beast.

Over the past 6+ years i've been through a wack ton of head phones to find that one of the cheaper pairs out there suits my needs best. I do have a pair of sennheiser hd 25's and enjoy them but don't always use them as my primary pair when playing.

One of my fav. pairs that I owned was the KRK DNS8400.
    Can't you read what I mentioned already? How am I supposed to test each headphones when I can't even find the differences? If I am on a different level now I would definitely head to a store finding one that perfectly matches. But since I had no experience at all, it is impossible. I can't tell any differences between a 20bucks and 300bucks headphones other than the price tag, not like any pro DJs who instantly get the "feel" of something that is really their gear. Someone who has never drove a car before wouldn't be able to find out the differences between a Honda and Porsche since all he knows is going real slow. How are you expecting someone with no experience to try something without being able to tell the difference? Is it wrong if a newbie asked for reviews and polls from the experienced people rather than trying out themselves and get the wrong one? I am just trying to get what I am capable AS FOR NOW, and I think this is the best I can do.
    Last edited by drewjonn; 11-27-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    I didn't create the thread, drewjonn did
    Oh sorry
    I've only gone up this page, forgot to look the right hand side for the page numbers

Then of course you should replace Scalage with drewjonn while reading my post before

Quote Originally Posted by drewjonn View Post
    How am I supposed to test each headphones when I can't even find the differences? If I am on a different level now I would definitely head to a store finding one that perfectly matches. But since I had no experience at all, it is impossible. Someone who has never drove a car before wouldn't be able to find out the differences between a Honda and Porshce since all he knows is going real slow. Don't you get what I mentioned already? I'm not TAD. I'm just inexperienced.
    I know what you mean... then, probably it'll be the best for you as a beginner or let's say not very experienced listener to just buy the community-recommendation to get a standard. But always try to listen to as many different headphones and speakers as possible and be a ACTIVE listener which means you compare and think about differences and be critic! Only this way your hearing will become more accurate and precise over time.
    I hope I could help...

PS: Will be go home from university now, so I can answer and join the discussion earliest in about 1.5 hours

Tech Guru

Thought I'd vote for the Beats cause I hate them.

Honestly why we need another thread for headphones is beyond me, there have been plenty of discussions on headphones, and plenty of articles on the blog.

You may as well have done a poll asking "what's you're favourite vegetable?" Just so you know your eating the best one.

It's all just personal opinions.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Thought I'd vote for the Beats cause I hate them.

Honestly why we need another thread for headphones is beyond me, there have been plenty of discussions on headphones, and plenty of articles on the blog.

You may as well have done a poll asking "what's you're favourite vegetable?" Just so you know your eating the best one.

It's all just personal opinions.
    I'm not asking about any personal favourites. I would rather go with the highest rated and best reviews. I think it's the second best method after trying it by yourselves.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by drewjonn View Post
    I'm not asking about any personal favourites. I would rather go with the highest rated and best reviews. I think it's the second best method after trying it by yourselves.
    Ok, heres the problem with buying headphones without trying them:

1. TMA-1's are too big for my head, they fall off and feel horrible
    2. HD-25's sound awesome, however the clamping can be uncomfortable after a while.
    3. V-Moda's, I found super comfortable, but was not happy with the weight
    4. Pioneers - size issues.

IF I bought blindly off the net based on what other people say, I would have gone though 4 sets of headphones that were just not suitable for me personally.

It's not just about the sound quality (at least in a loud DJ box) its as much about comfort IMHO - it matters not if you can differentiate how they sound, honestly any of the mentioned headphones are decent.

In saying that the HD-25's are generally a safe bet for 99% of people when it comes to DJ headphones and will last years.

What country are you from as a matter of interest ?

@scalage, I know.
    @OP, don't get so butt hurt over my opinion. I read this forum over and even posted about a good set of headphones that you can't try anywhere near you but can still buy

Tech Guru

Like monitors, the sound of headphones and what you like is a very personal thing.

Something that sounds good to one person may not to another, same as someone may be able to use a pair for hours but another may get ear fatigue after an hour.

Same with size, comfort etc

Read reviews, then go and try them, it's the only way you'll know.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

I would personally test products that are accessible to you & read reviews and even threads on how they compare.

So did you want the little spoon , or the big spoon?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast