fls 9

Thread: fls 9

Tech Wizard

Default fls 9

i think i will just buy the download version. can't seen to find the boxed version anywhere. it should be OK right? unless the boxed version come with something special? would i be missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by end1 View Post
    i think i will just buy the download version. can't seen to find the boxed version anywhere. it should be OK right? unless the boxed version come with something special? would i be missing something?
    No the downloaded version is no different from a box version, except you get a box.

... and well you get the software that much faster!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Id just get the downloaded version personally - save the environment

Tech Wizard

i try to be green as much as i can remind myself. thanks for reminding me.

often the, only, difference is a "paper" manual (box) vs. a "pdf" manual (direct dl).... & some stickers
    may be sounds stupid, but sometimes, when you've got client coming to your home-studio/studio, seeing all the boxes of the programs make them feel "yeah, here we know what we're talking about..."
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

Quote Originally Posted by minimalmintek View Post
    often the, only, difference is a "paper" manual (box) vs. a "pdf" manual (direct dl).... & some stickers
    may be sounds stupid, but sometimes, when you've got client coming to your home-studio/studio, seeing all the boxes of the programs make them feel "yeah, here we know what we're talking about..."
    I don't think stacks of empty boxes would say "Professional" rather "Pack Rat".

I would say to give that "yeah, this guy knows what he is doing.." would be the state of your workspace/studio. How organized you are. Some if what you have in your studio; that it is not all beat up junk yard looking gear.

Then of course your own personal skill at working with the client and the work you produce.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    I don't think stacks of empty boxes would say "Professional" rather "Pack Rat".

I would say to give that "yeah, this guy knows what he is doing.." would be the state of your workspace/studio. How organized you are. Some if what you have in your studio; that it is not all beat up junk yard looking gear.

Then of course your own personal skill at working with the client and the work you produce.
    I'm all with you here...
    but it's what I've heard, and seen once too... I don't have any studio and no client so I can't tell if that happen often or if it was only just 2 isolated cases, but happens... but that's another topic...

but anyway, going back to topic, I don't know any program with difference between the 2 versions...
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

Tech Wizard

continuing..since i've decided to go the download route, how can i do it so i can have it installed on my pc that i don't connect to the internet. the scenario is i have 1 pc for my music, and this old laptop for internet stuff. i want to limit the amount of internet connection to almost none on the music pc. let alone use my credit card with out any virus protection and the like. is there a way to buy the download on this laptop and transfer the purchase to the pc? make sense?

edit: i think maybe i can buy it on this laptop and then transfer the license so i can just do the final download on the pc? that way i dont have to use a cc on the pc without any protection.
    Last edited by end1; 11-02-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: thought of an idea

you should be able to download it on one computer, and then copy the file to the music computer and install it on that one without the interwebs.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk