Need help connecting Xone 92 mixer to Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help connecting Xone 92 mixer to Traktor

Hey All,

I recently purchased a Xone 92 mixer and am having some trouble connecting it to Traktor. I am using it for an at home studio. Here is a list of the hardware I am currently working with:

-Xone 92 mixer
    -2 Traktor Kontrol X1 controllers
    -Audiobox USB audio interface
    -2 Rokit monitors
    -Traktor software

As I connected everything I normally would with my old mixer, I am getting no signal from the mixer through to Traktor. Not sure if it has something to do with the audio interface, the plugs I am using, or if its something as simple as a setting in Traktor. Any and all help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ryan

Looks like that soundcard only has 1 audio out ... did you use this for two external channels on another mixer?
    Acer E5 i7 2TB 16GB ~ 512GB SSD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ X1 ~ DN-X1600 ~ X1 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ AT2020

"This aggression will not stand, man."

Yes, I did.

righto ... is traktor set to external mode with the soundcard selected? correct audio routings, plugged into the LINE inputs on the 92 ? ...
    Acer E5 i7 2TB 16GB ~ 512GB SSD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ X1 ~ DN-X1600 ~ X1 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ AT2020

"This aggression will not stand, man."

What was your old mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    righto ... is traktor set to external mode with the soundcard selected? correct audio routings, plugged into the LINE inputs on the 92 ? ...
    @Jester I set traktor to external mode but not I am getting the "check output routing" message. I have XLR cables hooked up from my speakers to the mixer as well as a midi cable hooked up from my audio interface to the mixer. Should I have anything additional plugged in?

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    What was your old mixer?
    It was just a Kontrol Z1 - small 2 channel mixer.

Tech Convert

Yeah, that's the problem. You had a controller not a DJ mixer. The Z1 is a controller, the Xone92 is a mixer. You need a soundcard that has one stereo out per channel on the mixer you wanna use connected to your computer - say, if you want to route 4 channels from Traktor into the 92, you need a soundcard with 4 stereo outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by zenchicken View Post
    Yeah, that's the problem. You had a controller not a DJ mixer. The Z1 is a controller, the Xone92 is a mixer. You need a soundcard that has one stereo out per channel on the mixer you wanna use connected to your computer - say, if you want to route 4 channels from Traktor into the 92, you need a soundcard with 4 stereo outputs.
    @zenchicken Ohh, I thought the 92 had a built-in sound card. What would you recommend is a decent sound card to have with my setup? Preferably allen&heath or native instruments (92 and 2 x1s)

Thanks for the input!

Tech Convert

I'd recommend the Native Instruments Traktor Audio 10. That will allow you to have 4 channels running from Traktor to the mixer and also enable you to record your mixes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast