Has anyone spent tons of nights with Mixtrack Pro 2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Has anyone spent tons of nights with Mixtrack Pro 2?

just christmas things guys, i'll have a grand to spend just for dj gears, should i spend it for mixtrack pro 2 + serato upgrade + headphone (hd25), and fl studio daw.

or

just a plain ddj sx2 (have to go with my previous headphone and save again for hd25, but i dont need to upgrade serato right?)

if it's possible to stay 12-24 months with the mixtrack pro ii, then i'd go for it. i really want a ddj sx2 though, free serato bundled with free serato flip too, then save up for headphone and forget the daw. or should i just wrap the numark alongside headphones and the daw too?

has anyone been using the mixtrack pro 2 for a long time and find it's actually enough to cover everything?

Tech Mentor

I've been using it live once a month for about a year. I've had it for over a year. It has never, ever let me down.
    But what is your current level and what do you need a daw for?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    I've been using it live once a month for about a year. I've had it for over a year. It has never, ever let me down.
    But what is your current level and what do you need a daw for?
    well, this is my first controller actually. i know the sx2 wont let me down for a long time at least. but i am also concern about the worth since the sx2 was released only 2 years apart from the predecessor ddj sx. so i can say that i lose a smaller worth from the mixtrack pro 2?

i need a daw so i can also learn to make my own mashups and stuffs too. fl studio seems to have a nice offer like a purchase for lifetime? definitely worths the money i think. mate, do you think that the mixtrack pro 2 has enough features for some serious evenings? and what software have you been using for the controller?

Tech Mentor

There's nothing wrong with being a beginner, no need to be ashamed of that. The Mixtrack is fine, not just for beginners but even for most dj's in general I'd say. I've done some fancy stuff live with it. Well, fancy for me anyway. Its soundcard is not that loud though, but I only plug it into amps anyway and it has enough power for that.

The Pioneer will lose its value pretty quickly for exactly the reason you mentioned. I actually own its little brother (the DDJ-SR), but I only bought it after spending a lot of time with the Mixtrack and getting the basics down. I know it will lose value pretty quickly, but that doesn't concern me because I'll use it for a long time. I have no intention of selling it on after half a year or so.

Almost forgot to mention the software, I use both the Mixtrack and the DDJ-SR with Traktor, using my own mappings. I also learned to map using the Mixtrack.

Tech Wizard

There's nothing wrong with being a beginner, no need to be ashamed of that. The Mixtrack is fine, not just for beginners but even for most dj's in general I'd say. I've done some fancy stuff live with it. Well, fancy for me anyway. Its soundcard is not that loud though, but I only plug it into amps anyway and it has enough power for that.

The Pioneer will lose its value pretty quickly for exactly the reason you mentioned. I actually own its little brother (the DDJ-SR), but I only bought it after spending a lot of time with the Mixtrack and getting the basics down. I know it will lose value pretty quickly, but that doesn't concern me because I'll use it for a long time. I have no intention of selling it on after half a year or so.

Almost forgot to mention the software, I use both the Mixtrack and the DDJ-SR with Traktor, using my own mappings. I also learned to map using the Mixtrack.
    I actually really wanna go with the ddj sx2 for a long run. but you know, the pressure of getting the most recent releases is just disturbing me. like in fall 2016 for example they release the sx3 and i will lose my desire DJing with my beloved sx2 so yeah.. it's kinda confusing. i just don't wanna resell it for a price not even half the retail, tough call mate.

Tech Mentor

Who cares if they have newer gear out there? If it works for you and you enjoy using it, why not keep it? If an SR2 is announced tomorrow I'll still keep using my SR, and I'll still enjoy using it.
    Gear changes all the time, just ignore it.

Tech Mentor

Learning production and DJing will more than likely be too much to learn unless it's your only hobby and you don't have a girlfriend

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tilldrop View Post
    Learning production and DJing will more than likely be too much to learn unless it's your only hobby and you don't have a girlfriend
    hahaha i don't but i am also not interested in being dork. well 1-2 hours a day won't hurt that much of a day i guess.

Tech Wizard

Who cares if they have newer gear out there? If it works for you and you enjoy using it, why not keep it? If an SR2 is announced tomorrow I'll still keep using my SR, and I'll still enjoy using it.
    Gear changes all the time, just ignore it.
    i wish i can think like you, but you know they come with new nicer features everytime and it hurts me lol. if i can stick with the sx2 for 3 years at least, then i won't hesitate purchasing it. things like the sennheiser hd25 are just the best, a friend of mine had been using it since 2007 and it works as fine all the time

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gotzeus View Post
    hahaha i don't but i am also not interested in being dork. well 1-2 hours a day won't hurt that much of a day i guess.
    I don't think you'll manage learning to dj and producing at the same time. It's too much to handle all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotzeus View Post
    i wish i can think like you, but you know they come with new nicer features everytime and it hurts me lol. if i can stick with the sx2 for 3 years at least, then i won't hesitate purchasing it. things like the sennheiser hd25 are just the best, a friend of mine had been using it since 2007 and it works as fine all the time
    You can. If you simply accept that the moment you buy something it has become outdated or buy something that already has been for a while it becomes a lot easier.
    I know what you're going through, you're like a kid in a candy store. You want to try absolutely everything, right now. If you limit yourself to a single aspect at a time you keep the overview and you'll see more progress and less frustration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast