Which Setup Would You Take To a Gig?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which Setup Would You Take To a Gig?

Ive been thinking about which setup I should take to a gig and wanted some advice. Setup 1: NI X1MK2 plus NI Kontrol F1 plus DJ Tech 2 channel mixer. Setup 2: Numark 4Trak. I can do the same thing with both setups the modular setup is lighter to carry than the 4Trak but setup is simpler than the modular setup. But of course the 4Trak is more impressive I think than the modular setup. What do you guys think which is more practical to bring to a gig.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Modular. Hands down. If it's in a club or anywhere else where there's a mixer, just use theirs instead of the djtech.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Modular. Hands down.
    +1

You did not mention a sound interface in the modular setup. I'm not familiar with all the DJ Tech offerings to know if hte mixer includes a USB sound interface.

If you are in need of a sound interface, look at the NI Z1. That can control the channel faders, and EQ. The X1 would then be used to control effects.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Modular. Hands down. If it's in a club or anywhere else where there's a mixer, just use theirs instead of the djtech.
    I agree. Not only will the modular be lighter/easier to carry, as you said, you also will have the benefit of having a small footprint in the booth. Even more so if you're using the house mixer. Nothing worse than getting up there and realizing there is zero space for a controller and then having to tear half the booth apart and looking like a twat
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    +1

You did not mention a sound interface in the modular setup. I'm not familiar with all the DJ Tech offerings to know if hte mixer includes a USB sound interface.

If you are in need of a sound interface, look at the NI Z1. That can control the channel faders, and EQ. The X1 would then be used to control effects.
    Actually the DJ Tech X10 has a USB interface so it has a soundcard built in.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    Actually the DJ Tech X10 has a USB interface so it has a soundcard built in.
    That's good.

Beware if you try to use the club mixer....you may not have the right drivers installed for the club mixer sound interface.

I would recommend that you have a "cable snake" made up to accommodate all the cables you need in ONE bundle. Include a power strip in your bag...you should only need ONE wall plug to get everything up and running.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    That's good.

Beware if you try to use the club mixer....you may not have the right drivers installed for the club mixer sound interface.

I would recommend that you have a "cable snake" made up to accommodate all the cables you need in ONE bundle. Include a power strip in your bag...you should only need ONE wall plug to get everything up and running.

lol its funnie you mention the cable snake that's the first think that came to mind when thinking about this.

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Another +1 on the modular route. It's great to be able to swap out components depending on the situation.

witch are you better on?

Its about whatever you are the most comfortable on. Do what makes you happy. This is after all something we all do to bring joy to our lives.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast