the back of your mixer?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default the back of your mixer?

my friend told me today to start a thread titled "the back of your mixer" so I did my best

this mixer is a pioneer DJM 800

if you look at the photo you will see three switches. digital, master ATT, and mic signal. the digital switch is found on each of the four channels. it enables each channel to use S/PDIF. I will get to that in a bit.

the master ATT switch/knob goes from 0db to -12db. it actually changes the volume of you mixers out put so you can have a quitter signal if you want.

the mic signal switch when set to cut makes it so that your voice wont be heard out the mixers monitor output. when set to add it will.

IMG_0007.JPG

these are the digital output and inputs. for each channel there is a switch on the back of the mixer that makes the channels use these inputs. to use them you need a digital coax cable. the digital output can switch from 48khrts to 96khrts. so it sounds better than a cd player. in this picture there is also a midi out. most of this mixer is midi ready.

IMG_0008.JPG

and it has balanced XLR outputs, quarter inch booth, quarter inch send and return.

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

it has 4 channels 2xPhono-line 1phono-cd and 1line-cd
    Last edited by dj max bradley; 11-30-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    oh cool its dj very nice!!!!
    Last edited by dj max bradley; 11-30-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Tech Guru

Your friend is great at advices
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Last edited by space monkey; 11-30-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    wow a dj who does not want to talk about dj mixers

Quote Originally Posted by dj max bradley View Post
    wow a dj who does not want to talk about dj mixers
    You can find all about the general technical capabilities about mine here if you wish. Look man, I'm not trying to dis you for contributing but why half-knob it then? Take some clearer photos, number them as illustrations and reference the numbers in your text. Punctuation and spelling are important too. Otherwise, what's your point?

You can find all about the general technical capabilities about mine here if you wish. Look man, I'm not trying to dis you for contributing but why half-knob it then? Take some clearer photos, number them as illustrations and reference the numbers in your text. Punctuation and spelling are important too. Otherwise, what's your point?
    looks pretty straight forward to me. the point you were looking for is to talk about mixers. i think the title sucks. i only have a cheap cell phone for a camera. can i see a thread of yours?

ok so it looks like you have beat synced FX on each channel witch looks like fun! ok that's interesting, i wish my mixer came with a bag. i think the xone series might have better EQ than my pioneer. it was either going to be the pioneer or a xone 22. your EQ have the isolater mode witch is something i wish my mixer had
    Last edited by dj max bradley; 11-30-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Well the Xone does not have a proper Send/Return chain. I can see why the engineers chose not to include one but I have a nigh useless RMX1000 as a result. The looping functions on the Xone aren't that great and in my opinion superfluous. Would have prefered they put a Send/Return but, oh well.

The FX are good and clean. Echos are subtle but can also get out of hand if you're not careful. Reverbs are very clean. Don't really use the other FX very much--2 CDJs plugged into digital in and Master goes out to XLR and speakers (at home). I don't usually take the mixer out unless it's a stage set up and no one is near to slosh their drink on my gear.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast